Volunteers Needed For:
On Wednesday, October 13 and Wednesday, October 20, the Capital Area Food Bank is delivering food for Lake Anne residents as part of the Senior Brown Bag program. We're seeking volunteers to help sort the food donations and deliver to the doors of residents' apartments.
On Saturday, October 23, a local church will be providing boxes of food for Lake Anne Fellowship House residents. We're seeking volunteers to unload the truck and deliver food to residents' apartments.
Please note that these donations may be heavy.
- Volunteers will need to wear masks and gloves. Please bring your own if you have them as our supplies are limited.
- Social distancing of 6 feet will be observed.
- Everyone will need to sign in and out on an electronic system that requests your mobile number. Volunteers may be asked COVID screening questions.
- Volunteers must be fever-free and have no symptoms of a respiratory infection (e.g., cough, sore throat, or shortness of breath).
- A person may not volunteer at a Fellowship Square site if s/he has traveled internationally or on a cruise ship within the last 14 days.
- A person also may not volunteer at a Fellowship Square site if s/he has had contact with an individual testing positive with COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- Volunteers must be at least 14 years of age.
- Note that this role requires physical activity: walking, bending, stooping, reaching and lifting objects up to 25 lbs.
Please visit www.fellowshipsquare.org/volunteers for more information, including:
Volunteer Acceptance Form, and
Volunteer Application Form.
A submitted Volunteer Application Form and signed Volunteer Acceptance Form are required at the time of volunteering.
Parking: Please park along North Shore Drive and walk up to the main entrance. You will need to sign in with the main desk and may ask for Curtis.
Contact: Diane Beatley, Fellowship Square Community Engagement Manager, [email protected] or 703-819-0603
|| Diane Beatley