Volunteers Needed For:
Local retailers provide surplus bread and food for our senior residents at Hunters Woods Fellowship House. We're seeking 4 volunteers for up to two hours on both Thursday and Friday mornings to help deliver the food to the doors of residents' apartments. Each Monday and Wednesday afternoon, we're requesting two volunteers to help re-package and distribute donated food and/or help with events for the residents.
In addition, the Capital Area Food Bank will be providing food to Hunters Woods residents on Wednesday, October 19, 2022. We're seeking 6 volunteers for up to two hours each.
Please note that these donations may be heavy and sign up below.
- Volunteers are asked to wear masks and gloves. Please bring your own if you have them as our supplies are limited.
- Everyone will need to sign in and out on an electronic system that requests your mobile number.
- Volunteers may be asked COVID-screening questions.
- Volunteers must be fever-free and have no symptoms of a respiratory infection (e.g., cough, sore throat, or shortness of breath).
- A person also may not volunteer at a Fellowship Square site if s/he has had contact with an individual testing positive with COVID-19 in the last five days.
- Volunteers must be at least 14 years of age.
- Note that this role requires physical activity: walking, bending, stooping, reaching and lifting objects up to 25 lbs.
NOTE: A completed Application Form and signed Volunteer Acceptance Form are required at the time of volunteering. Please see the attached documents below.
Parking: Please park in the Hunters Woods Plaza Shopping Center and walk to the Fellowship House. Sign in at the desk and ask for Jane.
Contact: Diane Beatley, Program Manager, [email protected] or 703-819-0603
|| Diane Beatley