Volunteers Needed For:
Local retailers provide surplus bread and food for our senior residents at Hunters Woods Fellowship House. We're seeking 2 volunteers for one hour each on Tuesday and Friday mornings to help deliver the food to the doors of residents' apartments.
In addition, we're expecting a large food delivery from the Capital Area Food Bank and are seek 6 volunteers for the morning of Friday, July 17 to sort and distribute the food to residents' apartments.
Please sign up below.
- Volunteers will need to wear masks and gloves. Please bring your own if you have them as our supplies are limited.
- Social distancing of 6 feet will be observed.
- Volunteers must be fever-free and have no symptoms of a respiratory infection (e.g., cough, sore throat, or shortness of breath).
- A person may not volunteer at a Fellowship Square site if s/he has traveled internationally or on a cruise ship within the last 14 days.
- A person also may not volunteer at a Fellowship Square site if s/he has had contact with an individual testing positive with COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- Volunteers must be at least 18 years of age.
- Note that this role requires physical activity: walking, bending, stooping, reaching and lifting objects up to 50 lbs.
Please visit www.fellowshipsquare.org/volunteers for more information, including:
Volunteer Acceptance Form, and
Volunteer Application Form.
A submitted Volunteer Application Form and signed Volunteer Acceptance Form are required at the time of volunteering.
Parking: Please park in the Hunters Woods Plaza Shopping Center and walk to the Fellowship House. Sign in at the desk and ask for Cassandra or Diane.
Contact: Diane Beatley, Fellowship Square Volunteer Coordinator, [email protected] or 703-819-0603
|| Diane Beatley