Volunteers Needed For:
Local retailers provide surplus bread and food for our senior residents at Hunters Woods Fellowship House. We're seeking 2 volunteers for up to two hours on Thursday mornings, and 4 volunteers for up to two hours on Friday mornings to help deliver the food to the doors of residents' apartments.
In addition, the Capital Area Food Bank is providing food for our senior residents on Thursday, September 17. We're seeking 6 volunteers for up to three hours to help sort the food donations and deliver to the doors of residents' apartments.
Then on Saturday, September 26, Heritage Fellowship Church is providing food for our senior residents. Volunteers are requested to deliver the food donations to individual apartments.
Please note that these donations may be heavy and sign up below.
- Volunteers will need to wear masks and gloves. Please bring your own if you have them as our supplies are limited.
- Social distancing of 6 feet will be observed.
- Volunteers must be fever-free and have no symptoms of a respiratory infection (e.g., cough, sore throat, or shortness of breath).
- A person may not volunteer at a Fellowship Square site if s/he has traveled internationally or on a cruise ship within the last 14 days.
- A person also may not volunteer at a Fellowship Square site if s/he has had contact with an individual testing positive with COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- Volunteers must be at least 18 years of age.
- Note that this role requires physical activity: walking, bending, stooping, reaching and lifting objects up to 25 lbs.
Please visit www.fellowshipsquare.org/volunteers for more information, including:
Volunteer Acceptance Form, and
Volunteer Application Form.
A submitted Volunteer Application Form and signed Volunteer Acceptance Form are required at the time of volunteering.
Parking: Please park in the Hunters Woods Plaza Shopping Center and walk to the Fellowship House. Sign in at the desk and ask for Norma.
Contact: Diane Beatley, Fellowship Square Volunteer Coordinator, [email protected] or 703-819-0603
|| Diane Beatley