Volunteers Needed For:
Thank you for volunteering to make calls to vulnerable senior residents of Fellowship Square! Prior to making these calls, each volunteer must participate in a 30-minute virtual orientation session via Zoom. Please review the dates and times below and sign up.
- Requirements: Volunteers must be at least 14 years old. Volunteers aged 14- 18 must have approval and supervision from a parent or guardian. The parent/guardian is expected to be available to assist the teen during the call if there are difficult questions or any concerns.
- Following completion of a Zoom orientation session, volunteers will be provided with a call list of (up to 5) resident names and phone numbers, instructions, a list of conversation starters questions and a call log form.
- Volunteers are expected to call their assigned residents within one week.
- Volunteers are expected to schedule their next call with the resident prior to hanging up. We recommend contacting residents twice a week as a general guideline. This may be adjusted upon mutual agreement between the volunteer and the resident. Calling once a week is our minimum expectation.
- Volunteers must encourage the resident to call 911 if she or he is experiencing an emergency.
- Volunteers are NOT responsible for meeting any needs expressed by the resident(s).
- Volunteers must return a completed Call Log form to the Volunteer Coordinator after each call.
Contact: Diane Beatley, Volunteer Coordinator, at [email protected] or 703-819-0603 with any questions or concerns.
|| Diane Beatley