Once again we are baking cookies for the homeless in and around Baltimore and Washington DC. This project has been going on for years and last year we were able to assemble 100 cookie trays (50 cookies on each tray) for the homeless. These cookies are delivered to the shelters along with Back packs on Christmas Eve. The back packs contain a sweatshirt, long underwear, hat, mittens, and a few other necessities.
This is just a small way we can bring brightness to those in need.
NOTE: The cookie drive will be before Christmas again!
Here is a complete list of those who the "Giving Back" group helps:
Group A – clearly living outside all or most of the time---no regular indoor shelter
- Jaye Dansicker/Make Good Stuff Happen Mission - ~100 in Baltimore City
- We Care & Friends/Larry Griffin - ~25 in Annapolis
- Brooklyn Church of God/Pastor Billy Humphrey - ~50 in North AA County/Brooklyn Park–
- Ferndale UMC/Pastor Mike/Alice Neary - ~25 in North AA County/Ferndale & Glen Burnie areas
- Baltimore Rescue Mission Neighborhood Streets -~400 men, women & children (questionable on how many of these are actually living outside)
Group B – No “regular” indoor shelter, but emergency shelter available on a night by night basis
- Baltimore Rescue Mission – BA- up to 200 men only
- Weinberg H & R Center (Code Blue overflow service)- BA- varies, ~135- men & women, though bussed to two separate places.
- AHOH- AA CO- Winter Relief – 3 Weekly Church Host sites - ~90- mostly men
- Helping Up Mission – BA- ‘Overnight Guests” -75 men only
- CCNV- DC – 135 men & 45 women-overnight guests during severe weather
- Central Union Mission- DC- 90 overnight guests
Group C – Community Centers- no residential facilities but offering meal (s) service, food pantry, clothing and/or other needed services-many of these have no regular nightly shelter
- Franciscan Center-BA
- My Brother’s Keeper-BA
- Grace & Hope Mission- BA
- Rachel’s Women’s Center – DC-
Group D – Transitional Housing- many associated with substance abuse rehab programs
- CCNV – DC- 400 men & 227 women
- Central Union Mission- DC- 90 men
- South Baltimore Station- BA- <100 men (vets)
- Carrington House –BA- <100 men
- Helping Up Mission- BA-up to 500 men
- American Rescue Mission-BA- men
- Turek House -BA- ~80 men
- Gaudenzia House –BA- ~140- men , women & children
- Ragpicker- BA ~100- men , women & few children
- Redemption House- AACO- ~60- men ,women & few children
- Weinberg H & R Center/CC – BA 200-men & 75 women –25-30 in medical unit
- Karris House – BA- ~30 Women & children
- Druid Heights/ YWCA Baltimore- BA- “safe house” - ~100 women & children
- Sarah’s House/CC- AACO- ~125- men, women & children
- Arden House/YWCA Anne Arundel –AACO- “safe house”- `20 women & children only
- House of Ruth-BA- “safe house”-women & children only
- Chrysalis House –AACO- ~35- women & children
- Light House Shelter –AACO-men, woman & families as well as community outreach.
Group E – low income housing (residents must qualify via HUD rules)
- Paca House (VOA)-BA- adult men & women
- Pratt House(VOA) –BA- women & children
- Irvington Woods (VOA) –BA- women & children
- Dayspring Center-BA- women & children
This year, we are asking for some supply donations in addition to cookies, so please sign up!
DROP OFF: Cookies can be dropped off at Woods church (611 Baltimore Annapolis Blvd, Severna Park, MD 211460) on December 23rd (Sunday) between 1-2PM around the back of the church where the sliding door is in the first room on the left as you go through the door.
PLEASE drop by 2 at the latest so we have time to assemble and wrap before we are finished (last year we had a few late drop offs)
If you have cookies before then, cookies can be dropped off at Jeanette Middleton Sudano's House at 302 Balsam Drive Severna Park, leave on the carport.
1:00pm - 2:00pm EST
Wood's Presbyterian Church, 611 Baltimore Annapolis Bvd. SEverna Park, md 21146