PRINTMAKING OPEN STUDIO
Printmaking Open Studio is uninstructed time for you to work independently. The studio monitor is available to answer questions and provide assistance as needed. All participants are expected to already have basic skills in using the presses and tools -- either through past experience in another print studio or college facility, or by taking a hands-on workshop or class at the Sonoma Community Center.
All details can be found on the Printmaking Open Studio FAQ but here is the basic information:
Each session is six hours long. You may choose to reserve a six-hour slot for $28 or a three-hour slot for $15. (This includes the credit card service fee the Center is charged.) Your payment covers studio overhead including: staff, electricity, virtual correspondence, cleaning supplies, and maintenance of tools and equipment.
If you are new to Printmaking Open Studio and have completed a qualifying class, you are entitled to ONE free six-hour session. You can redeem your free session by clicking on the "Golden Ticket" designation on the date you'd like to attend.
Participants bring their own inks and paper. There is a small quantity of Canson Edition printmaking paper in the Print Studio available for purchase online using a debit card.
Cancellations: Please note that we are unable to issue refunds. If you need to cancel your appointment and make it available for someone else, please email Jill Valavanis ([email protected]) and your fee will be considered a donation to the studio.
Printmaking Open Studio Guidelines
Incoming Protocol (will be posted and enforced by monitor or staff)*:
- Do not come if you are sick or feeling unwell
- Do not bring anyone else with you
- Masks are required at all times for unvaccinated participants
- Sanitize hands upon entry
- Add your name and contact info to the daily sign-in sheet
- Check in with the monitor upon arrival
- Turn in completed waiver form
Exiting Protocol (will be posted and enforced by monitor or staff):
- Plan your work to allow 20 minutes of cleanup time
- Put away supplies and return all tools properly
- Ask the monitor if there is anything else you can do to help before leaving
- No lingering in the building after an evening session (building must be locked by 10pm)
* If this is your first time attending, please print and bring a signed copy of the WAIVER (see in Related Files below) if possible, otherwise we will have a blank waiver for you to sign.
Email Jill Valavanis ([email protected]) if you have any questions.
|| Sonoma Community Center