****Due to the uncertainty around the COVID-19 virus & response, we have decided to postpone auditions for SRTI 2020 until further notice. When we have more information, we will send a message to everyone who is signed up for auditions. If you would like to recieve updates on SRTI, or would like to be put on the audition "wait list", please send an email to [email protected] Thank-you, and stay safe. ****
Auditions for the 2020 Summer Repertory Theatre Intensive (SRTI) will be held on Saturday, March 21st from 12:30-5:45pm at Civic Theatre. SRTI Performance Track is for students who are seriously considering a career or college major in theatre performance. Students must be no younger than 7th grade and no older than 12th grade at the time of auditions. PLEASE BE SURE TO READ THE PERFORMANCE TRACK INFORMATION BELOW THOROUGHLY to understand the commitment SRTI requires both in terms of time and the high level of classroom & rehearsal expectations. While theatre experience & training is not REQUIRED to audition, those with little or no theatre experience may find this program to be extremely challenging.
Acceptance into the program is by audition/interview and application.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR AUDITIONING
- Sign up for an audition slot on GRCT’s SRTI 2020 SIGN UP GENIUS page.
- Prepare a 16-32 bar song from a musical and a SHAKESPEAREAN monologue no longer than ONE minute. Your entire audition package (from introduction through song and monologue) should last NO MORE THAN 2 MINUTES. Students will then be asked to learn a short dance combination as a group. Please dress comfortably in clothes that allow full range of motion. Students will also have a short interview with SRTI Faculty members following their audition. Each audition slot will last approximately one hour and 30 minutes from beginning to end.
- Please see below for information about perusal scripts.
- All auditioning students should bring a resume, head & shoulders photo (headshot), a filled out CONFLICT SHEET, and a completed application. (See PDF attachments below)
- Please arrive at LEAST 15 minutes before your audition time to allow adequate time for parking & check in. Upon arrival, follow the signs to the audition entrance door and check-in lounge.
- A PARENT OR GUARDIAN MUST ATTEND AUDITIONS WITH EACH AUDITIONING STUDENT. THERE WILL BE A MANDATORY PARENT/GUARDIAN INFORMATION SESSION AT THE BEGINNING OF EACH AUDITION TIME.
- Students who are called back will receive notification via email Sunday afternoon (3/22) with instructions for attending callbacks. Potential callback evenings include: Monday (3/23), and Tuesday (3/24). Times TBA but expect 6-10pm.
- Students who are accepted into the program will receive phone call notification of their acceptance and role by March 27th.
For students accepted into the program, tuition is $450. A non-refundable $50 deposit is due by April 24th, and Tuition Balance is due by June 3rd. A limited number of need based scholarships are available and applications can be requested upon acceptance into the program. Scholarship Applications are due by April 22nd. There will be a MANDATORY ORIENTATION for parents and students accepted into the program on Wednesday, May 20th from 5:30-7:00pm
Tuition includes: Classes, Masterclasses, Special Guests, Production Participation, and a Trip to Chicago to see a production at Lookingglass Theatre! Dinner between classes & rehearsals is NOT provided – students must either bring dinner with them, or may purchase dinner at one of the many restaurants near Civic.
PERUSAL SCRIPT INFORMATION:
HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL PERUSALS CAN BE CHECKED OUT AT THE CIVIC BOX OFFICE M-F, 10am-5pm. A $10 deposit by cash or check is required. Perusal scripts may not leave the building after March 16th.
MIDSUMMER NIGHT'S DREAM can be found at: https://www.folgerdigitaltexts.org/?chapter=5&play=MND&loc=p7&_ga=2.191996514.996214836.1583501614-1652965354.1583501614
The director will be making some cuts to the script after the show is cast.
Please note that some actors may be doubled into more than one role. All roles are open to gender-fluid casting.
The link provided for a perusal script takes you to the Folger Digital Edition of the play. Our final script for performance will contain some textual cuts, but it is a good idea to read the full text to familiarize yourself with the play
These are the specific sections of scenes that we will be focusing on in callbacks:
1.1 pgs. 9-15 and pg. 23 (Helena monologue)
2.1 pgs. 35-45
2.2 pgs. 57-58
3.1 pgs. 77-79
3.2 pg. 83 (Puck monologue), pgs. 95-107
5.1 pgs. 163-167
SHOW PRODUCTION TEAMS
HSM Director: Kristin Tomlin
HSM Musical Director: Joshua Keller
HSM Choreographer: Worth Hages
HSM Stage Manager: Angie Kline
Misdummer Director: Katherine Mayberry
Midsummer Stage Manager: Kieran Smith
|| Allyson Paris