Civic Theatre is seeking a cast of actors ages 8+ for our 2020 Traveling Troupe Production of THE MUSICAL ADVENTURES OF FLAT STANLEY! This delightful 60 minute musical based on the beloved children’s book will be brought to life at local schools & community venues from March-June 2020. Stanley Lambchop’s life becomes a grand adventure when he wakes up one morning completely…FLAT! In a whirlwind musical travelogue, Stanley – the ultimate exchange student – scours the globe for a solution to his unusual problem. He’s stamped, posted, and cancelled from Hollywood to France to Honolulu and beyond!
DIRECTOR/CHOREOGRAPHER: Jolene Frankey
STAGE MANAGER: Rob Karel
MUSICAL DIRECTOR: Scott Patrick Bell
- Auditions are 30 minute slots by appointment – sign up below. Auditionees need to bring 16-32 bars of prepared sheet music (Broadway style) and be prepared to learn a short group dance combination.
- Please see attached character descriptions for recommended age ranges. Perusal scripts can be checked out AFTER 12/9/2019 with a $10 deposit at the Civic Theatre Box office M-F 10am-5pm.
- PLEASE FILL OUT THE ATTACHED CONFLICT SHEET AND BRING IT WITH YOU TO AUDITIONS.
- You may also bring a Headshot & Resume (not required).
- If you are new to auditions or Civic, or back after a few years, please look through the attached Audition Guide – many of the most frequently asked questions are answered in this guide.
- We recommend arriving 20 minutes prior to your audition time to ensure adequate time for parking and sign-in.
General Auditions: Sunday, January 5th from 1:00pm-3:00pm at Civic Theatre
Callbacks (by invitation only): Monday, January 6th from 6:00-8:00pm at Civic Theatre
WHAT IS TRAVELING TROUPE?
The Traveling Troupe is Grand Rapids Civic Theatre’s flagship outreach program that provides local schools & community venues the opportunity to have theatre travel to them! Now in its 29th year, the Traveling Troupe has played to almost 220,000 children and adults – always completely free of charge. Traveling Troupe brings everything with them – scenery, sound equipment, costumes, props, actors & crew!
Traveling Troupe performs at schools on Tuesday mornings at 10am from the beginning of March through late May. There are also 3-5 community performances on Saturdays or Tuesday evenings – times/locations are currently TBA. The production lasts approximately 50 minutes, with a 5-10 minute Q&A after the performance.
Rehearsals are generally less than a regular Mainstage at Civic Theatre – please see the conflict calendar below for ALL of the potential rehearsal dates/times and please note that rehearsals are IN THE AFTERNOON!
|| Allyson Paris