PLEASE NOTE: AUDITION SLOTS FOR 13-18 YEAR OLDS ARE CURRENTLY FULL. PLEASE SIGN UP FOR A WAITLIST SLOT AND SEE THE WAITLIST INFO BELOW.
Grand Rapids Civic Theatre is holding auditions for Frozen, Jr. on Saturday, September 7th and Sunday, September 8th. Auditions are open to the public. This production features a large ensemble cast with several principal and featured roles for young actors of all ethnicities. ALL auditionees must be ages 8-18 on the date of auditions.
- Auditions are 30 minute slots by appointment – sign up below. Auditionees need to bring 16-32 bars of prepared sheet music (Broadway style) and be prepared to learn a short group dance combination.
- Please see attached character descriptions for recommended age ranges. Perusal scripts can be checked out with a $10 deposit at the Civic Theatre Box office M-F 10am-5pm.
- PLEASE FILL OUT THE ATTACHED CONFLICT SHEET AND BRING IT WITH YOU TO AUDITIONS.
- You may also bring a Headshot & Resume (not required).
- We recommend arriving 20 minutes prior to your audition time to ensure adequate time for parking and sign-in.
- For more detailed information about the process, please see the AUDITION GUIDE attached below.
If you have signed up for the WAITLIST, please arrive by 3:50pm on the day of your Waitlist Slot (either Saturday or Sunday). Check in at the welcome table (just like a regular auditioner), and let them know you are on the waitlist. We will slide people into slots when others do not show, or are late. It could take us several rounds to see everyone on the waitlist. If we get to the end of the evening (6pm) and there are still people waiting, we will see ALL of the remaining waitlist actors at 6pm. Please bring something to do, a snack, and plenty of water to have with you while you wait.
If people drop off of the audition list prior to the day of auditions, Allyson will remove people from the waitlist in slide them into the empty space in the order they signed up for the waitlist. If that happens, Allyson will send you an email to let you know you’ve been placed into a regular audition slot.
Saturday, September 7th 2-4pm Performers ages 8-12
Saturday, September 7th 4-6pm Performers ages 13-18
Sunday, September 8th 2-4pm Performers ages 8-12
Sunday, September 8th 4-6pm Performers ages 13-18
Tuesday, September 10th 6-10pm
Callbacks are by invitation only based on the needs of the individual productions.
Music & Lyrics by Kristin Anderson-Lopez & Robert Lopez
Book by Jennifer Lee
Based on the Disney film written by Jennifer Lee and directed by Chris Buck & Jennifer Lee
Director: Allyson Paris
Music Director: Joshua Keller
Choreographer: Worth Hages
Stage Manager: Rhonda Lehan
Frozen JR. is based on the 2018 Broadway musical, and brings Elsa, Anna, and the magical land of Arendelle to life, onstage. The show features all of the memorable songs from the animated film, with music and lyrics by Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez, plus five new songs written for the Broadway production.
A story of true love and acceptance between sisters, Frozen JR. expands upon the emotional relationship and journey between Princesses Anna and Elsa. When faced with danger, the two discover their hidden potential and the powerful bond of sisterhood. With a cast of beloved characters and loaded with magic, adventure, and plenty of humor, Frozen JR. is sure to thaw even the coldest heart!
|| Allyson Paris