Grand Rapids Civic Theatre is holding auditions for A Christmas Carol: A Live Radio Play on Monday, October 19th and Tuesday, October 20th. Auditions are open to the public. GRCT is seeking a diverse cast of 5 adult actors, 1 child actor, and 2 non-speaking roles. Please see the link below (under related files) for a description of the roles.
Auditions, callbacks (if needed), and initial rehearsals will be held via Zoom. November rehearsals & performances will take place at Grand Rapids Civic Theatre, with COVID safety measures in place. Please see the link below for more details about the safety plans for our performers.
AUDITION INFORMATION & PROCESS
- Auditions are 30 minute slots by appointment. Please sign up for ONLY one slot.
- Within 24 hours of signing up for a slot, you will receive an email with a Google Form. It is very important that you fill out the form as soon as possible so that the production team can optimize your audition time. Please check your junk mail, and then email Allyson at [email protected] if you do not recieve an email within 24 hours of signing up.
- You will also receive a zoom link for your audition slot. Please do NOT share this link with anyone else.
- During your zoom audition slot, you will read at least two sides (scenes) from the play with other auditioners. The link below includes all of the potential scenes we will read.
- Please be sure to read through the character description link below!
- If we need to see actors a second time, you will receive an email with a zoom link for callbacks on Wednesday, October 21.
Monday, October 19 in 25 minute slots from 7:30-9:30pm
Tuesday, October 20 in 25 minute slots from 4-5:30pm & 6-8:30pm.
Wednesday, October 21 from 6-8:30pm.
Callbacks are by invitation only based on the needs of the production.
A Christmas Carol: A Live Radio Play
Adapted for the stage by Joe Landry
Based on the classic story by Charles Dickens
Director: Allyson Paris
Stage Manager: Rhonda Lehan
The Charles Dickens holiday classic comes to life as a live radio broadcast, in Civic’s first full production since March. A handful of actors bring dozens of characters to stage as the familiar story unfolds, complete with commercial breaks, the magic of live sound effects, and a musical underscoring.