The Summer Repertory Theatre Intensive (SRTI) Performance Track is for students who are seriously considering a career or college major in theatre performance. Students must be no younger than 6th grade and no older than 12th grade at the time of auditions. PLEASE BE SURE TO READ THE PERFORMANCE TRACK INFORMATION BELOW THOROUGHLY to understand the commitment SRTI requires both in terms of time and the high level of classroom & rehearsal expectations. While theatre experience & training is not REQUIRED to audition, those with little or no theatre experience may find this program to be extremely challenging.
Acceptance into the program is by audition/interview and application.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR AUDITIONING
- Sign up for an audition slot on GRCT’s SRTI 2019 SIGN UP GENIUS page.
- Prepare a 16-32 bar song from a musical and a monologue no longer than ONE minute. Your entire audition package (from introduction through song and monologue) should last NO MORE THAN 2 MINUTES. Students will then be asked to learn a short dance combination as a group. Please dress comfortably in clothes that allow full range of motion. Students will also have a short interview with SRTI Faculty members following their audition. Each audition slot will last approximately one hour and 15 minutes from beginning to end.
- All auditioning students should bring a resume, head & shoulders photo (headshot), a filled out CONFLICT SHEET, and a completed application. (See PDF attachments below)
- Please arrive at LEAST 15 minutes before your audition time to allow adequate time for parking & check in. Upon arrival, follow the signs to the audition entrance door and check-in lounge.
- A PARENT OR GUARDIAN MUST ATTEND AUDITIONS WITH EACH AUDITIONING STUDENT. THERE WILL BE A MANDATORY PARENT/GUARDIAN INFORMATION SESSION AT THE BEGINNING OF EACH AUDITION TIME.
- Students who are called back will receive notification via email Sunday afternoon (3/17) with instructions for attending callbacks. Potential callback evenings include: Monday (3/18), and Tuesday (3/19). Times TBA but expect 6-10pm.
- Students who are accepted into the program will receive phone call notification of their acceptance and role by March 25th.
For students accepted into the program, tuition is $450. A non-refundable $50 deposit is due by April 19th, and Tuition Balance is due by June 3rd. A limited number of need based scholarships are available and applications can be requested upon acceptance into the program. Scholarship Applications are due by May 10th. There will be a MANDATORY ORIENTATION for parents and students accepted into the program on Friday, May 10th from 5:30-7:00pm
Tuition includes: Classes, Masterclasses, Special Guests, Production Participation, and a Trip to Chicago to see a production at Lookingglass Theatre! Dinner between classes & rehearsals is NOT provided – students must either bring dinner with them, or may purchase dinner at one of the many restaurants near Civic.
|| Allyson Paris