Thank You for your interest in the 2nd annual RLT Holiday Party Cookie Contest! Based on the guidelines below, please decide whether you would like to enter the contest. If you plan to participate, Happy Baking!
- Bakers must attend the Holiday Party on Saturday December 7th at 6:30 to participate.
- There will be three judges; a representative from the Board, a staff member, and a long-time volunteer.
- Bakers may only enter one category for judging
- From your batch of cookies, please prepare one small serving of three cookies for the judges. These can be on a wrapped paper plate, in a Ziploc, or presented on a platter. Your submission must be clearly labeled with the following:
- Your identifying contestant number (To be assigned)
- The name of your baked good
- Any traditional food allergens (Wheat, tree nuts, etc...)
- Submission category
- Your remaining cookies must be on a separate platter to be shared on the dessert table at the party. Please include the allergy information and name of the baked good on a small card or label.
- There will be a volunteer available in the Gaddy Lobby who will receive and record your entry. Submissions must be recorded by 7:30 pm for consideration.
- Judging will begin at 7:45 pm.
- A prize will be awarded to the winner of each category.
Categories are as follows
- Sweet & Salty - hmmmm, a cookie with salty notes!
- Flavor - do I want another? 25 pts
- Salty Note - over/underwhelming; just right 35 pts
- Texture - under/over baked, gritty, chunky, gooey, pleasant 25 pts
- Appearance 15 pts
- Most Creative - do you love baking for the artistry? This category is for you!
- Uniformity - precision in the appearance of all three cookies 25 pts
- Artistry - creatively decorated 30 pts
- Appearance - eye-catching design 30 pts
- Flavor - do I want another? 15 pts
- Peppermint-Inspired - traditional holiday flavor combined with something a little different.
- Flavor - do I want another? 30 pts
- Peppermint note 20 pts
- Additional flavor 40 pts
- Appearance 10 pts
- Open Class - have a favorite recipe that doesn't quite fit the above categories? This category is for you!
- Flavor 25 pts
- Appearance 25 pts
- Texture 25 pts
- Uniformity 25 pts
The winner of each category will be eligible to win the Grand Prize of Holiday Best!
|| Morgan Harris