Public Course List
Our next offering of the Basic Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) course is begins March 15th, 2019 and runs through May 11th.
The 9 week course will run on Friday nights from 6pm - 9pm, at a location TBD in Dallas, Monmouth and Independence, with the final functional exercise on Saturday, May 11th from 9am to Noon.
The course is FREE and appropriate for ages 14 and up.
There are no required books or hidden fees, everything you need will be provided for you.
There is no requirement that you join a CERT Team upon course completion.
During the course you will learn about risk factors and natural hazards both locally and across Oregon. You'll also discover many ways that you can help your community both prepare for, and recover from, natural disasters. The course modules are:
- Local Awareness, Operational Realities, and Individual Preparedness
- Light Fire Suppression and HAZMAT Awareness and Reporting
- Mass Patient Triage
- Mass Patient Treatment and Establishing Treatment Areas
- Light Urban Search and Rescue
- The Incident Command System and Documentation
- Disaster Psychology
- Terrorism Recognition and Individual Response Preparation
- Practice Disaster Response in a Simulated Exercise
Note: Only your name will be visible to others who sign up.
Stay safe out there!
|| Kimber Townsend