Public Course List
Our next offering of the Basic Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) course is being delivered beginning October 2018.
The three day course will run from 8am - 6pm on:
- Saturday, October 13th: Polk Co. Fire District, 1800 Monmouth St., Independence
- Saturday, October 27th: Polk Co. Fire District, 1800 Monmouth St., Independence
- Saturday, November 3rd: Polk Co. Fire District, 1800 Monmouth St., Independence
The course is free, and is appropriate for ages 14 and up.
There are no required books or hidden fees, everything you need will be provided for you. There is no requirement that you join a CERT Team upon course completion.
During the course you will learn about risk factors and natural hazards both locally and across Oregon. You'll also discover many ways that you can help your community both prepare for, and recover from, natural disasters. The course modules are:
- Local Awareness, Operational Realities, and Individual Preparedness
- Light Fire Suppression and HAZMAT Awareness and Reporting
- Mass Patient Triage
- Mass Patient Treatment and Establishing Treatment Areas
- Light Urban Search and Rescue
- The Incident Command System and Documentation
- Disaster Psychology
- Terrorism Recognition and Individual Response Preparation
- Practice Disaster Response in a Simulated Exercise
Note: Only your name will be visible to others who sign up.
Stay safe out there!
|| Kimber Townsend