VPC Bags of LOVE: VPC will continue to share God's love by providing food for vulnerable populations in our surrounding communities.
WAYS TO HELP:
A. SIGN UP TO BRING DONATIONS:
Bags of Love: (Bags filled with food items listed below) (Deliver to VPC at times listed below) *These bags are helping to feed families at 6 Satellite locations
B. SIGN UP TO VOLUNTEER:
- Deliver Uplifting notes (6/16)
- Collect "Bags of Love" (6/17 from 1:00pm - 2:30 pm or 7-8pm)
- Sort and pack CARES ACT food at VPC (6/18)
- Distribute CARES ACT food at VPC 8:30-9:30am (6/19) *please be there at 7:30 am
- Distribute "Bags of Love" at Satellite location 10-11am (6/19)
UPDATE from our Safety and Security Team and the recommendations from the CDC and our own Reopening Task Force:
Volunteers that have NOT been fully vaccinated are required to wear masks at all time. This includes outside and inside the building.
Volunteers that are fully vaccinated are NOT required to wear masks.
BAGS OF LOVE: pre-pack one or more bags with the prescribed list of grocery items. Each bag should contain ALL the items listed below- do not pack fewer/more items. Please note weight specifications, do not include expired or opened items and consider providing healthy choices (e.g., low-salt, low-sugar, whole grains).
Bring pre-packed bag(s) to Vienna Presbyterian Church (124 Park St, NE) on Thursday, June 17th from either 1:00 -2:30pm OR 7:00 pm -8:00 pm
Pre-Pack in a standard reusable grocery bag (no paper or plastic):
- vegetable/canola oil (24-48 oz total)
- high-fiber, low-sugar cereal (10-20 oz total)
- canned tomatoes (diced/stewed/crushed/sauce, 28-32 oz total)
- canned fruit in 100% juice and/or canned green vegetables (26-32 oz total)
- canned chicken and/or chili (20-30 oz total)
- rice (32 oz total)
- dried beans or lentils (32 oz total- black beans are popular)
- granola bars (6-12 oz total)
- pasta noodles (24-32 oz total)
Please direct any questions to Susan Kenney - [email protected] 703-282-3056