VPC Bags of LOVE: VPC will continue to share God’s love by providing food for vulnerable populations in our surrounding communities.
WAYS TO HELP:
A. SIGN UP TO BRING DONATIONS:
Bags of Love: (Bags filled with food items listed below) (Deliver to VPC at times listed below) *These bags are helping to feed families at 6 Satellite locations
B. SIGN UP TO VOLUNTEER:
- Deliver Uplifting notes (1/13)
- Collect “Bags of Love” (1/14 from noon-1:30pm or 7-8pm)
- Sort and pack CARES ACT food at VPC (1/15)
- Distribute CARES ACT food at VPC 8:30-9:30am (1/16)
- Distribute “Bags of Love” at Satellite location 10-11am (1/16)
NOTE: There will be very strict COVID-19 guidelines we MUST follow. Updated: Volunteers can be in Middle School / High School and older wear a mask at all times.
BAGS OF LOVE: pre-pack one or more bags with the prescribed list of grocery items. Each bag should contain ALL the items listed below; do not pack fewer/more items. Please note weight specifications, do not include expired or opened items and consider providing healthy choices (e.g., low-salt, low-sugar, whole grains).
Bring pre-packed bag(s) to Vienna Presbyterian Church (124 Park St, NE) on Thursday, Jan. 14 from either noon-1:30pm OR 7:00 pm -8:00 pm
Pre-Pack in a standard reusable grocery bag (no paper or plastic):
- vegetable/canola oil (24-48 oz total)
- high-fiber, low-sugar cereal (10-20 oz total)
- canned tomatoes (diced/stewed/crushed/sauce, 28-32 oz total)
- canned fruit in 100% juice and/or canned green vegetables (26-32 oz total)
- canned chicken and/or chili (20-30 oz total)
- rice (32 oz total)
- dried beans or lentils (32 oz total; black beans are popular)
- granola bars (6-12 oz total)
- pasta noodles (24-32 oz total)
Please direct any questions to Susan Kenney - [email protected] 703-282-3056