Help spread hope. Help build community. Help serve a meal at the Mission!
The Mission is a daytime shelter that provides clients with food, clothing, job training, employment assistance, spiritual guidance, referrals and a safe place for relaxation and refreshment.
COVID-19 UPDATE- Please Read Thoroughly
The Volunteers of America Mission has started to slowly re-open to volunteers after not having volunteers for almost a year due to COVID. Things Will Look Different Than They Used To! We are limiting volunteers to only 4 VOLUNTEERS per shift. This is a strict rule, and we will not allow more that 4 volunteers to sign up. If more people show up at the scheduled time, we will be sending some away.
The City and County of Denver has issued a public health order that will go into effect on September 30th, 2021, that will require staff and volunteers working in high-risk areas to be vaccinated. This order applies to VOA Colorado volunteers serving in shelter and school environments including, the VOAC Mission. Below are the steps we will take to insure we are meeting this requirement and what we will need from you to continue volunteering at these locations (until further guidance is provided by the City and County of Denver). If you would like to hear about other volunteer opportunities with VOAC that do not have this requirement, please reach out to Bradley Craddock at [email protected].
Volunteer Vaccination Verification Process:
- Before September 30, 2021, or on the first volunteer shift after the 30th, you will need to show your program contact (Pam or Cynthia) your vaccination card.
- We will accept seeing your physical card, a copy of your card, or a picture of your card (printed, emailed or on your phone).
- The name on your card will need to match the name we have on file.
- You will only need to show your vaccination card once and VOAC will not keep a copy of the card. VOAC will add your name to a secure “Verified Vaccination Volunteer” list, and you will be able to volunteer at other programs without showing your card again.
- If you are exempted from being vaccinated, you will need to show your program contact the official documentation of your exemption.
- If you forget your card the first time you are volunteering, we will work with you to still safely volunteer but will need to see it before you can volunteer the next time.
Volunteers will be required to wear a mask at all times while volunteering. Handwashing, sanitizing, social distancing, gloves, and other safety measures will be used/taken. (Gloves will be provided) Volunteers will need to listen to and follow all staff instructions.
You will be asked to sign a COVID specific waiver form before volunteering. Even with all the safety measures we have put in place there is still a risk in volunteering. A health screening and temperature check will be done upon entering the building. If you are feeling sick, have any COVID symptoms, or been around someone with COVID symptoms or who has tested positive for COVID, we ask that you let us know and DO NOT come and volunteer with us until you can pass the health screening.
Sign up for one or more slots (please select the total number of volunteers). If it is your first time volunteering, please read the first time volunteer information below.
A meal shift includes preparation, service, clean up and set up for the next shift.
Interested in volunteering as a group (more than 5)? While we do not have many in-person opportunities right now, we do have some other options. Please do not sign up online; instead, email Bradley Craddock at [email protected] to schedule.
Due to the Vaccination Requierment No one under 5 years old is allowed to volunteer and no one under 17 years old can volunteer without an adult chaperone present.
Volunteers serving meals must wear closed-toe shoes.
We have hair nets or, bring a hat.
PLEASE NOTE WE ARE LOCATED AT 2877 LAWRENCE STREET, DENVER, CO. STREET PARKING IS FREE.
We are counting on your help, so if your availability changes, please let us know as soon as possible.
First Time Volunteer Information
First-time volunteers need to complete and submit the following documents:
- Indemnification Form
- COVID Waiver
This document is linked below. All forms must be completed and either emailed to Pam or Cynthia before your first day as a volunteer or brought with you on your service date. If you are unable to print the waiver, they are available onsite.
Contact Pam Willis with any questions or to cancel your sign-up:
Email: [email protected]
2877 Lawrence St
Denver, CO 80205