Board & Staff
Turnstone will be hosting the 2019 IBSA Goalball and Judo International Qualifier
June 28th - July 10th
Many volunteers will be needed to host this large event!
Please complete the following form indicating your interest in volunteering at this event.
YOU WILL RECEIVE A SEPARATE EMAIL FOR YOU TO SIGN UP FOR SCHEDULED TIMES CLOSER TO THE EVENT.
International Blind Sports Federation (IBSA) is a full and founding member of the International Paralympic Committee (IPC), the umbrella governing body for the Paralympic Games, and is an active and leading member of the Paralympic movement. IBSA's main aim is to organize sports competitions and activities that enable blind and partially sighted sportsmen and sportswomen to compete in equal conditions with their peers.
Goalball- June 28th – July 10th , 2019
- 9 days of competition-
- 200 athletes and 96 coaches /staff
- 32 countries participating- 16 male 16 female
- Indiana Tech and Turnstone will host the games
- 2 spots to Tokyo 2020 per gender
Judo- June 30th – July 6th , 2019
- 3 days of competition
- 230 athletes and 78 coaches/ staff
- 40 countries participating
- Grand Wayne Convention Center will host event
- Qualifier to Tokyo for gender and weight class
- 2019 IBSA General Assembly and Conference- July 3-6
- Will host classification for athletes
- The 1st International Blind Sports Federation (IBSA) World Games made its debut in 1998 in Spain comprised of a total of 719 athletes from 71 countries competing in track & field (internationally known as athletics), goalball, judo and swimming.
Several of the areas will require additional mandatory training and you will be notified of this prior to signing up for a time.