Community Action for a Sustainable Alameda's (CASA)
Alameda Hospital is supported by a large team of nurses, doctors and staff working tirelessly at this time during the COVID-19 pandemic. While numbers remain manageable (thankfully), they are ensuring our Alameda community stays as healthy as possible and receives the best possible treatment and testing options. They are fielding calls, providing virtual and on-site patient support for COVID-19 and other health issues. Given their intense focus right now, they would SO appreciate donations of lunch and dinner. Please join us in supporting our local healthcare heroes over the coming weeks (and hopefully not months!).
Our wonderful Alameda restaurants need our support too!
HERE'S HOW THIS WORKS:
- Pick a date & time slot, select "sign-up and submit"
- Choose how many meals you plan to order (10 or 20)
- If easier -- share your order with friends to reduce cost!!
- Pick a restaurant you'd like to support -- www.alamedaeats.org has an updated list
- Contact restaurant, order and pay (1-2 days in advance) for your meals to be delivered at designated date/time to address below; If preferred -- YOU may deliver them directly (must wear masks & gloves).
(You're ordering take-out, but having it delivered to our healthcare heroes!)
Any delicious meals that can last for a while (salads, sandwiches) or be easily re-heated (many foods) are ideal. There are 20-30 staff working on any given day.
MEAL DELIVERIES ARE REQUESTED:
- to be ordered from local, Alameda-based restaurants!!
- to be ordered 1-2 days in advance to ensure restaurants have supplies.
- to be delivered to: ALAMEDA HOSPITAL, 2070 Clinton Ave.
- Upon arrival -- Please have delivery reps contact the House Supervisor (available 24/7) at (510) 872-1334 at the front of the Hospital Main Entrance.
We hope to send at least 20 lunches (at 11:30 AM) and 20 dinners (at 5:00 PM) per day thru early May. Please review the available slots below and click on the button to sign up. Thank you, Alameda!
|| Debi Ryan, Community Action for a Sustainable Alameda