CCP - Grow Local Colorado and Slow Food Denver
Welcome to Denver’s Civic Center Park and the site of Grow Local Colorado’s first garden in 2009. This season GLC and Slow Food Denver are teaming up once again. There is history between our two organizations: Slow Food Denver was instrumental in getting this garden off the ground. They provided the garden design, volunteer gardeners and many of the plants. The garden was beautiful and bountiful that first season, since then Denver Parks and Recreation has allowed GLC to continue growing in this garden. They even added another bed, the mirror image on the south side of the flower beds. This season we've grown from those 2 beds to a total of 8 now! In fact, Denver P&R has provided GLC with various flower beds throughout other Denver city park to help spread the word about growing vegetables, and sharing the harvest with communities in need.
This garden is truly a community affair and this is where you as a volunteer come in! We depend on volunteers to tend our gardens and deliver the produce to organizations serving our neighbors in need. On average this garden provides over 300lbs. of fresh produce to four organzations each season. We're hoping for much more to share this year.
We want to create a safe environment for you:
1) We will be limiting the number of volunteers to provide a great deal of distancing.
2) Clean gloves and tools will be provided. *If you bring your own gloves, please clean them beforehand.
3) Hand sanitizer will be provided.
4) MASKS ARE REQUIRED PLEASE
5) For ages 15+
* Parking is available on the side streets surrounding the park or ride your bike! Allow a bit of time to stroll into the park to the gardens.
* It's recommended you bring: a water bottle, sunblock and wear close toed shoes.
* There are no bathroom facilities so please plan accordingly.
Sign up early to reserve your spot to make a difference in the lives of your neighbors needing an extra helping hand this year.
~Yours truly, Grow Local Colorado and Slow Food Denver