St. John's Episcopal Church
Some important notes about the 9:30 AM outdoor service:
- Please do not come if you have exhibited signs of illness within the last 48 hours such as a fever, cough, aches, or other symptoms of Covid-19. For an updated list of Covid-19 symptoms, visit cdc.gov.
- Parishioners who have been exposed to someone with Covid-19 within the last 14 days should stay home.
- We must maintain six feet of distance between individuals at all times. Chairs can be rearranged to accommodate families, maintaining six feet of distance between households.
- All of us will need to wear a mask when not seated, except for children two and under. We may remove our masks when seated and worship has begun. Please bring your own mask if you have one. We will have masks available.
- We ask each person to wash his or her hands thoroughly (for 20 seconds or more) with soap and warm water before coming to St. John’s. If soap is unavailable, hand sanitizer is an effective alternative.
- Make a reservation to attend the 9:30 outdoor service below. There are 50 slots. Reservations allow us to control the numbers gathering and inform attendees if we become aware of infection or exposure after worship.
- Dress comfortably. It will be warm!
- Parishioners (adults and children) diagnosed with chronic lung disease, diabetes, cardiovascular disease, or those who are immunocompromised should stay at home. Parishioners over the age of 65 should consult with their personal physician for guidance before attending a public worship service.
We are gathering outdoors because we hope the risk of transmission is reduced in an outdoor setting. We will take all the prudent measures we can, as well as asking your active participation in making our gatherings for worship safer. Yet we must remember that there are no guarantees. We must all consider our own situation, the needs of others, and know that the Spirit is with us whether we gather or remain dispersed.