We welcome you to sign up to attend a Mass at St. Stephen.
Churches in Oregon have been granted permission to use a separate room from the main church for up to 25 people, as long as we can keep social distancing of 6 feet, use separate entrances, exits and restrooms.
We will be opening our chapel as a separate space. Therefore to enter the chapel the outside entrance must be used. When arriving please check in with the door monitor at the entrance of the main church. The door that is normally used to get from the main church to the chapel will be closed.
To keep proper social distancing between the pews in the chapel we can only use 3 pews, so in order to maximize our chapel's space we will open it to 3 families. The chapel will be limited to 25 people. The families in the chapel will have access to the nearby restroom, while those in the church can use the restrooms in Carmody Hall (gym).
When signing-up please note that for the chapel you sign-up as a family so only one slot is provided in that area. In the comments section you will indicate how many are in your family. When signing-up for the church you will continue to have each slot count for each individual person.
Please sign up for one Mass per week. If you would like to sign up for an additional Mass, please follow these guidelines. If by 9:00pm, the night before a morning Mass, there are still slots available you may sign up for that next day’s morning Mass. For the evening Masses, you can check in the morning and if by 9am there are still slots available you may sign up for that evening Mass.
If you are unable to attend the Mass that you signed up for, please be sure to delete your sign-up as soon as possible in order to allow that space at Mass to be filled by others.
After reading the guidelines below from the Archdiocese you may review the available slots and click on the sign-up button for the date you desire (then click on the "submit and sign-up" button on the bottom). Remember to include the number of all those in your family who are coming when providing the quantity.
The following guidelines are provided by the Archdiocese of Portland. Included (in italics) are ways that they will be implemented at St. Stephen.
- Mass attendance is limited to the government directive of 25 people. Once the maximum is reached, no one else can be allowed entrance. Therefore, individuals/families will be allowed to attend Mass only once per week. This is to allow as many people in the parish as possible the opportunity to attend Mass. The faithful are asked to sign-up for Mass at only one parish. -- Therefore, our St. Stephen sign-up list only has slots for 24 people (since we have already accounted for the priest).
- People who simply show up for Mass and must be turned away at the entrance will be provided a way to add their name(s) to the sign-up list for Mass for the following week. -- When you arrive for Mass at St. Stephen please check your name off on the printed attendance list in the vestibule. Be sure to arrive before Mass because the doors will be locked when Mass begins.
- Since the Sunday Mass obligation remains lifted, it is not necessary for the faithful to attend Mass on Sundays. -- Therefore, the St. Stephen livestreaming Sunday Mass at 9:00 am will continue. Please note that our current Mass schedule is only temporary as we have a limited number of people allowed.
- Social distancing must be practiced at all times within churches (minimum of six feet apart except members of the same household). -- At St. Stephen we have the pews that can be used marked to ensure social distancing.
- Cleaning and sanitizing will take place after every Mass. -- After Mass each household is asked to sanitize their own pew (focusing on the areas that you touched with your hands). Disinfectant wipes will be provided in the vestibule.
- Anyone attending Mass does so at their own risk. Vulnerable, at-risk, and otherwise concerned persons should remain home. Anyone who has even the slightest symptoms or feelings of sickness must remain home.
If you have any questions contact Joseph Salazar at [email protected]
If you are having technical difficulties: If the "submit and sign-up" button is not taking you to the next page, then try refreshing the webpage. On the sign-up page, if you are not able to enter a number in the quantity section, try refreshing the page.