Grace Covenant Church
During these turbulent times, we have a defining moment to sow seeds of peace through our service to our community, specifically to our local police department. As we have emphasized opportunities for many of you to write cards of encouragement to our heroes on the front lines of this pandemic, we'd like to centralize a similar focus to declare words of hope and encouragement towards our local police officers in the midst of this season of increased stress and pressure due to the pandemic and recent tragedies in our nation. Join us as we offer life and hope through cards and bags of blessing.
If you would like to join us in writing 'Thank You' cards to our policemen and women, please read through the guidelines below:
- Please write something along these lines in your card:
Dear Officer, we want you to know that we are grateful for your service. We are FOR you! Thank you for all you sacrifice and risk in order to keep our community safe. We know your job is challenging – especially in these times - but please know that we are praying for you and asking God to give you His protection, His wisdom, His strength and His peace. He is close to you. He wants to guide you and be your defender. And He is proud of you. You are a true hero! Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.
- Please include a suggested Scripture from below:
- God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. (Psalm 46:1)
- Even youths will become weak and tired, and young men will fall in exhaustion. But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint. (Isaiah 40:30-31).
- So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. (Isaiah 41:10)
- My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest. (Exodus 33:14)
- It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not fail you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed. (Deuteronomy 31:8)
- Please include BOTH the text and a Scripture.
- Please do not assume that those receiving the cards are believers or that they will understand our Christian references. We want to meet them where they are and let them know that God is good and He is for them.
- In consideration of the above point, and out of respect for the police stations and their guidelines, please refer to God and DO NOT use words such as 'sin,' 'death,' 'repentance,' 'eternity,' etc.
- Please do not seal your cards.
- Please sign your cards with 'Grace Covenant Church.' Also feel free to include your first name if you would like.
- Please write "Cheering You On" on the front of the envelope so we can distinguish these cards from the others that we are collecting.
- Please include a note with your cards with your name, email and phone number in case I have any questions about your cards.
- If you need cards, cards are available to be picked up at any time outside the front entrance of the church in the designated bin.
- Our goal is to collect 1,000 cards by Wednesday, September 30th. We would be grateful if you could drop them off at the church as soon as possible.
- Please place the cards in the designated bin outside of the church's front entrance when dropping them off. Cards can be dropped off at any time whenever it is most convenient for you.
- Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions: [email protected]
Thank you all so much! We are trusting God to transform lives through this opportunity to pour out His love and kindness!
Grace to you all,
Deanna Driggers and Grace Cares
|| Deanna Driggers