St Elizabeth Seton, Ridgefield
St Elizabeth Seton is pleased to be able to offer public worship again. The parish is taking precautions per the CDC and Governor Lamont’s recommendations regarding public gatherings, as well as our own precautions we feel are prudent under the circumstances. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Mass, but please understand there are risks involved in attending a public worship in a pandemic despite all of the precautions taken by the parish and the diocese. We ask your cooperation with all of the directives that have been put in place for your safety and the safety of our clergy and your fellow worshipers.
Please join us for mass inside!
Governor Lamont announced on September 24th that the church seating capacity has been increased to 50% capacity with a cap of 200 people effective October 8th. Seating capacity in our church is 376 people. 50% capacity is 188 people but adhering to the social distancing guideline, we can only seat about 100 people.
- Masks will be required.
- While entering and exiting the church 6-foot physical distancing must be maintained with anyone outside of a person’s immediate household.
- Socializing INSIDE the church is prohibited.
- After the mass, volunteers are needed to disinfect the pews.
- The restrooms will not be available.
- Procedure for receiving communion will be explained by the clergy at all the masses.
- If you have reserved a spot for a mass and are unable to attend in person, please cancel your sign up.
I ask for your cooperation and patience while we go through these precautionary and safety protocols. As Bishop Caggiano said in his letter, “Let us remember that our common sacrifice has had one prime motive: to follow the mandate of the Lord of life to protect, defend, and keep safe every human life.”
Please be safe and stay healthy. God bless you all.
Fr. Joseph A. Prince
|| St Elizabeth Seton