St. Mary Orthodox Church - Palos Heights
We ask for your patience and prayers as we transition back, and we ask you to please read these instructions carefully. Be sure to follow them to ensure your safety, and the safety and well-being of our entire community.
You are reminded to follow CDC recommendations regarding your own health. If you fall into an "at risk" category, that would be 65 years and older, or with any underlying conditions, it is recommended that you stay home and join us by watching the services on our Facebook page. Please consult your doctor before you make any decisions to attend a service.
1. In order to attend Divine Liturgy, all parishioners must sign up for a specific service. You must register so that the church does not exceed the allowed capacity.
2. Walk-ins will not be allowed. You must be registered for the service you are planning to attend.
3. Parishioners can register only their immediate family and for only one service initially, in order to ensure all parishioners have an opportunity to attend Divine Liturgy. You can only register yourself and your immediate family (husband/wife and children who live with you). You may not register anyone outside your household, or your registration will be canceled. Priority will be given to St. Mary’s parish members. Non-members will be welcome to attend if capacity allows it, after parishioners have had the opportunity to register. The registration cannot be transferred to another person.
4. Stay at home if you are not feeling well or were exposed to COVID-19. If you or anyone within your household have been exposed to Covid-19 within the past 14 days, have tested positive for Covid-19, or have any of the following symptoms, please stay at home and consider registering at a later time:
a. you are sick or not feeling well
b. you have a temperature of 100.3 or higher
c. you have a cough, sore throat or shortness of breath
d. you experience loss of smell or taste
e. you have body aches or muscle aches
By registering to attend a service, you affirm that you and all your immediate family members you are registering have not traveled recently, are not sick, and do not have any of the above symptoms.
5. Stay at home if you have traveled internationally or domestically to or from any of the states below in the last 14 days. You are required by Cook County to self-quarantine.
*Cook County Emergency Travel Guidance With Quarantine Requirement - requires anyone visiting or returning to Cook County from any of the states below to self-quarantine for 14 days.
By registering to attend a service, you affirm that you and all your household members have not traveled recently to any of the states listed above, are not sick, and do not have any of the above symptoms.
6. It is recommended that you stay at home if you are over 65 or have a pre-existing medical condition. Those 65 years of age and older, and those with underlying medical conditions, are strongly encouraged to stay at home, as recommended by CDC, the State of Illinois, and the Antiochian Archdiocese.
7. You will have to undergo a screening upon entrance. Screening will include a temperature check using a touchless (no contact) thermometer and answering a few questions to verify that you do not have any symptoms that could indicate illness.
8. You must wear a mask. All those attending services must wear a mask or other face covering at all times while on church property or inside the church building, with the exception of children under 2 years old.
9. You must follow social distancing (at least 6 feet) and follow the directions of the ushers at all times.
10. Look for a confirmation email. All those who registered and received confirmation to attend a service will receive additional instructions that need to be followed on the day of the service.
By registering to attend a church service at St. Mary’s Orthodox Church of Palos Heights, you affirm that all the following are true for yourself and for those you are registering:
· I have not been exposed to Covid-19 within the past 14 days or tested positive for Covid-19
· I do not have any of the following symptoms: sick or not feeling well, temperature of 100.3 or higher, cough, sore throat or shortness of breath, loss of smell or taste, body aches or muscle aches
· If I develop any symptoms between now and the time of the service, I will not attend the service and will reschedule my attendance for a later date.
· I have not traveled internationally or domestically to any of the states listed in the Cook County directive above within the last 14 days.
· I do hereby agree to indemnify, release and hold harmless St. Mary Orthodox Church of Palos Heights, IL, its clergy, staff, officers, directors, agents, attorneys and volunteers, against any claim for damages, compensation or otherwise including but not limited to, illness and all losses and expenses caused to while attending Divine Services or activities at St. Mary Orthodox Church of Palos Heights, IL.
The parish reserves the right to change or alter these guidelines at any time.
We understand this is very different, but please be patient as we work hard to ensure we return to church in the safest way possible. St. Mary’s Church has been working diligently on a thorough plan to ensure your safe return. The church will be cleaned and sanitized after every service according to CDC guidelines, sanitizing stations will be available, and the church staff and ushers have been trained in following procedures. We ask that you please follow all their instructions. Thank you for your cooperation. We look forward to praying together!
We consider this, as much as you do, to be a painful process but care for our neighbor demands that we endure this for a short time. It is our Christian obligation to care for all in our community and protect them from all harm.
|| St. Mary Church - Palos Heights, IL