Shenandoah Valley Animal Services Center
Twice a month, SVASC is able to provide reduced cost spay/neuter services to the public through a transport to Angels of Assisi in Roanoke, VA, for cats and dogs.
- An appointment must be reserved with our shelter so that we can make sure there is room on the van.
- Animals will need to be dropped off at our shelter on the morning of the appointment :
- 7:00 am for cats
- 7:20 am for dogs
- Please do not arrive before 7:00 am. The transport van arrives at 7:30 am.
- Pick up is around 7:00 pm the same day.
- No food after midnight but water is fine.
- All cats must be in a plastic crate to go on the transport. If you do not have a crate, please try to borrow one or ask the shelter if there is one you may borrow.
- Feral cats must be in traps.
- All dogs must be walked prior to loading onto the van. Please walk BEFORE coming to the shelter.
- Please keep all animals in vehicle until paperwork is filled out.
Bloodwork is required for all animals 6 years of age. (There is an additional charge.)
Cash or check is accepted and checks are to be made payable to SVASC.
If you need financial assistance to have a pet spayed or neutered, please call the shelter. Financial assistance is sometimes available to assist with the costs of the surgeries.
7:00am - 7:00pm EST
1001 Mt Torrey Road, Lyndhurst, VA 22952
|| Hannah Richardson