Indian Hill Church elementary
Our Daily Bread
Our Daily Bread is a soup kitchen that serves the homeless population of Cincinnati (1730 Race Street). The kitchen has asked for help in providing meals for the homeless. They are serving over 500 homeless people a day. For the majority of the homeless people the sack meal is their only meal for the day.
You can help by purchasing sandwiches or making sandwiches at home. We have also signed up to bring fresh fruit and dessert. Fruit may only be bananas or oranges as the many in the homeless population have a hard time chewing harder fruits. Dessert can be homemade or purchased, but must be individually packaged. Drop off items on Tuesday afternoon or evening or on Wednesday morning before 9:00 AM.
1. Clean your kitchen counters with antibacterial cleaner.
2. Wash your hands thoroughly. If you have gloves, wear them to prepare the food.
3. Wear a mask and cover your hair with a hat or tie it back if long.
4. Make ham and cheese, turkey and cheese or peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. (No condiments please.)
5. Place sandwiches in a sandwich baggie and label contents (Ham, Turkey, PB&J).
(As an alternative, you are welcome to pick up sandwiches from any sandwich company- Penn Station, Jimmy Johns, Jersey Mikes, Subway etc.)
7- Deliver sandwiches on Tuesday to 6305 Graves Road, 45243. Coolers are on the porch for contactless drop off.
8- Take a picture making the sandwiches for us to share with the congregation.
"In His name, lending a helping hand to others."
|| Jennifer Taylor