Indian Hill Church elementary
IPM Power Pack
IPM (Inter Parish Ministry) is collecting "Power Packs" in gallon-sized Ziploc bags. Power Packs are distributed to school-age children. You will find instructions below for creating Power Packs. The Power Pack is designed to give children enough food to last until dinner time. The Power Pack should include a breakfast meal (cereal, Pop Tart etc), a lunch meal that is easy to heat up, a juice box, a shelf stable fruit, a dessert and snacks. The items should be packaged in a gallon Ziplock style bag. The bag should be as full as possible.
What makes a good power pack?
- Look for a meal for each bag (microwave mac and cheese, microwave ravioli, soups with pull tab, canned chicken/tuna lunch kits, Hormel shelf stable meals)
- Add other items such as individual cereals, applesauce, fruit cups, shelf-stable puddings, oatmeal, peanut butter crackers, JIF peanut butter to go cups, raisins, chips, juice box, granola bar, pretzels, microwave popcorn, cheese crackers).
- Seal items in a gallon Ziploc bag.
- It is great when the bag is full of items.
- Feel free to add an encouraging note to the child receiving the Power Pack.
Power Packs can be dropped off anytime at the Indian Hill Church in a sealed bin on the front porch. Power Packs will be delivered to IPM on Tuesday at 11:45 AM.
|| Jennifer Taylor