Young People's Theater
Welcome to YPT’s The Hunchback of Notre Dame Auditions!
If the audition slots for one or both age groups fill, please register for the Wait List through this Sign-Up Genius Link: YPT's The Hunchback of Notre Dame Audition Waitlist
Audition Dates: September 7-8
Callback Auditions: September 9-10
Cast List Announced: September 13 After School
First Rehearsal: September 15 (Full cast called)
K – 12th Grade
331 Metty Drive, Suites #2 and #3
Ann Arbor, MI 48103
AUDITION REGISTRATION DETAILS:
- NAME: Please enter the name of the young person auditioning (rather than the parent’s name) when signing up for an audition appointment.
- SUG ACCOUNT: If you are signing up with your own Sign-Up Genius account, please select the option to display your young person’s name instead of your own.
- EMAIL ADDRESS: Enter a parent/family email address as the primary email contact. There is a space to add your auditioner’s email address if you wish.
- AGE-SPECIFIC AUDITION APPOINTMENTS: Appointments are arranged K-4th Grade and 5th-12th Grade. Incorrect age bracket sign-ups are bounced by the system.
AUDITION PREPARATION AND PAPERWORK
Please read carefully to ensure your success in every stage of YPT’s The Hunchback of Notre Dame auditions!
Prepare a selection of music:
- 16 bars (approximately 30 seconds long)
- Preferably memorized
- A musical theater song
- Songs from The Hunchback of Notre Dame are welcome but not required
- Bring two copies of the sheet music (accompaniment version) with “start” and “stop” clearly marked for the pianist.
- Auditioners will be reading from the The Hunchback of Notre Dame script.
- Audition readings can be found here.
- Auditioners will be taught a short dance combination. Come dressed to move!
- The following footwear is permitted in the dance studio: bare feet, jazz shoes, and clean, dry tennis shoes (not the ones you wore outside).
WHAT TO BRING TO YOUR AUDITION
1. Prepare and bring 3 audition packets of the following typed forms, stapled together in the following order. (Links for each form on YPT's Website)
- Fill-in Format: Type the form online, print it, and include a copy of it in each of your 3 audition packets. Feel free to attach resume! Make sure that you fill out each section of the Audition Form carefully.
- Important: To type the forms online, we recommend you use Chrome or Internet Explorer as your browser, not Firefox or Safari. You can also right-click in each document after you open it and select the option to open the form with Adobe Reader instead.
Rehearsal Conflict Calendar – Important:
- Type this form online, print it, and include a copy of it in each of your 3 audition packets.
- Be complete, accurate, and thorough on this form. Triple-check that you have included all conflicts.
- Make and keep a copy for yourself
Recent Photo of Yourself (may be a copy). Staple the photo facing the opposite direction as the forms in your audition packet, so that when a director flips the packet over, s/he will see your photo.
2. YPT's The Hunchback of Notre Dame Policies and Procedures Contract: 1 copy signed by parent and auditioner.
3. Sheet Music: 2 copies
Plan to arrive with your forms carefully completed and copied ahead of time.
This expedites the audition process for all! Failure to come prepared results in a late and stressful start to your audition.
Preparation Advice: Getting ready to audition for The Hunchback of Notre Dame? A successful audition involves so much more than ability or talent. Preparation is key to shining in an audition! Mastering the art of auditioning can be continually worked on and developed over time. Self-confidence grows with time and experience.
Helpful Hints to Guide You in Your Audition Preparation – click here
Production Calendar - Important Dates
Performance Dates and Venue:
November 14-17, 2019
Lydia Mendelssohn Theatre
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Questions: Email [email protected]
YPT's The Hunchback of Notre Dame Audition Crew
Parents: Interested in helping out on our Audition Team?
You can get involved in putting on a YPT show, too! Seeking volunteers willing to work a shift or two for auditions! To express your interest, sign up here on SUG!
Click here to Link to Audition Crew Signups!
YPT's The Hunchback of Notre Dame Production Crew
Young People 14 and Older: Interested in getting some experience on our Production Team?
Consider a role on our Lighting Team, Hair and Make Up Team, Costume Team, Props Team, etc.
To express your interest, email [email protected] Please include your resume (or a description of your experience with an explanation of your interest).
331 Metty Dr. #2, Ann Arbor, MI 48103
|| Young People's Theater