2019 Day of Service
Help Save Orphans in Africa! Please join us for a family oriented service event to help save orphan lives in Africa! Songea's Kids is an all volunteer nonprofit based in Sammamish. We provide food, clothing, safe shelter, health care and education to orphans and vulnerable children in one of the most impoverished areas of Tanzania. One of the greatest needs of our kids and their caretakers is basic, over the counter medicines. Come solo or bring your family and friends with a donation of medication(s) that we can bring to Tanzania to help make a difference in the lives of these kids!
We will have an activity for all age groups: Adults and teens can help sort and pack donations. Teens and children can write letters and/or draw pictures for delivery to the 52 children we support. All can take part in a family walk in the Sammamish Commons (weather permitting). And at 12 noon, we will be serving lunch.
Medicines needed include:
- Acetaminophen, ibuprofen
- Antibiotic creams (neosporin, polysporin)
- Anti-diarrhea medicine (e.g., Immodium)
- Electrolyte powder replacements
- Protein powder and/or bars for especially malnourished children
- Cold and flu medications
- Wound cleaning (betadine, hydrogen peroxide)
- Sunscreen (for albino children)
- Hydrocortisone cream
- Reflux meds (Tums, Prilosec, omeprazole)
- Band aids, gauze, medical tape and dressing supplies
- Pre-natal vitamins
To learn more about Songea's Kids, please visit our website at: www.songeaskids.org.
To sign up for a volunteer spot:
- Select Sign Up button.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the Submit and Sign Up button.
- Fill out your contact information as indicated.
Mary Queen of Peace Church (San Pedro Room): 1121 228th Avenue SE, Sammamish 98074