St. Peter's in Volo
Temporary Mass Schedule Next Week: Canon Law designates that Religious are to faithfully observe an annual period of sacred retreat. The Canons Regular of Saint John Cantius follow this rule by setting aside time each year for the whole order to come together. This year their retreat will take place August 3rd – 7th.
With the Canons gone from St. Peter’s next week, we will be offering a reduced Mass Schedule. This reduction is temporary and will not affect any weekend Masses. Our normal Mass schedule will resume the following week.
We offer our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience this may cause and assure all at St. Peter’s that the Canons will be keeping you all in their prayers throughout their retreat.
If you have questions or comments, please contact the Parish Office via e-mail at [email protected].
Monday, August 3: 6:15 AM - EF | 8:00 AM - OF
Thursday, August 6: 8:00 AM - OF
Friday, August 7: 8:00 AM - OF | 7:00 PM - EF
First Friday Adoration 9:00 AM-7:00 PM
Join Us for Mass: As you know, on Saturday, June 6th, St. Peter's in Volo moved in to Phase 2 of reopening with the return of public Masses.
At this time attendance at each Mass will be limited to 50 people. Since our goal is to ensure that every person in the parish will have the opportunity to attend Mass at least once each week, we have added additional weekday and weekend Masses.
In addition, we are requesting everyone follow a few simple courtesies when signing up:
- If you were able to attend a Saturday evening or Sunday Mass last weekend, please consider choosing a weekday Mass next week to allow others the opportunity to attend Mass over the coming weekend.
- The 8:00 AM Mass each Monday will be designated for those parishioners who may be more vulnerable or at higher risk and masks are required by all, no exceptions will be permitted.
- Each person may sign-up for one Mass per week to allow all parishioners the opportunity to attend. If throughout the week there are still open slots within 24-hours of a Mass' scheduled start time, you may then sign-up for that additional Mass as well.
Please note that there remains no Sunday Mass obligation while attendance is limited.
Help Us to Make a Safe Transition: To ensure a safe and easy return to public Mass, we are asking everyone to follow just a few simple protocols when visiting St. Peter's:
- Please bring a mask with you to wear.
- Practice social distancing of at least 6-feet.
- Follow all posted guidelines.
Please remember, sign-up for the following week, beginning with Saturday evening Masses, will be posted to our website and distributed via e-mail by Friday morning each week.
We have adjusted our settings so that the names of those who have signed up will no longer be public, only Parish Staff will have access to this info.
If you need to adjust the time slot that you signed up for, you must do that yourself. We are unable to adjust your sign-ups for you.