St. Peter's in Volo
We are pleased to announce that on Saturday, June 6th, St. Peter's in Volo moved in to Phase 2 of reopening with the return of public Masses. At this time attendance at each Mass will be limited to 50 people. Since our goal is to ensure that every person in the parish will have the opportunity to attend Mass at least once each week, we will be offering additional weekday and weekend Mass times.
In an effort to ensure that everyone has an opportunity to attend Mass, we are requesting everyone follow a few simple courtesies when signing up:
- Each person is limited to one Mass per week to allow all parishioners the opportunity to attend. If throughout the week there are still open slots within 24-hours of a Mass' scheduled start time, you may then sign-up for that additional Mass as well.
- If you were able to attend a Saturday evening or Sunday Mass last weekend, please consider choosing a weekday Mass next week to allow others the opportunity to attend Mass over the coming weekend. At this time, even with the additional weekend Masses, our reduced capacity will only allow for roughly 1/3 of our Parishioners to attend weekend Mass.
Please note that there remains no Sunday Mass obligation while attendance is limited.
- We have adjusted our settings so that the names of those who have signed up will no longer be public, only Parish Staff will have access to this info.
- Sign-up for the following week, beginning with Saturday evening Masses, will be posted to our website and distributed via e-mail by Friday morning each week.
- If you need to adjust the time slot that you signed up for, you must do that yourself. We are unable to adjust your sign-ups for you.
To ensure a safe and easy transition, we are asking everyone to follow just a few simple protocols when visiting St. Peter's:
- Please bring a mask with you to wear.
- Practice social distancing of at least 6-feet.
- Follow all posted guidelines.