2021-22 Marching Band and Guard *NEW*
The marching band is traveling to 1 Away Game and 2 Parades this season. The students have a GREAT time on the bus rides and in the stands. These are very fun, casual events.
We need 3 band chaperones per Away Game. The band usually meets at 5:30 pm to load buses and they return about 10 pm or 11 pm (depending on traffic).
We need 3 band chaperones and 1 colorguard chaperone per Parade. The band usually meets at 7:45 am to load buses and they return around 11 am.
As an Away-Game or Parade Chaperone, you will:
- Report to Bus loading area 10 minutes before scheduled call time.
- One chaperone will collect the chaperone backpacks from the North East Closet inside of the Band Room.
- Collect bus driver information and share with other chaperones.
- Take roll as students board the bus. Students can ride on any of the buses, the only restriction is that they must ride to and from in the same bus.
- Ride the assigned bus with students and help ensure all students are safe and following school bus rules. Students must remain seated as the bus is moving; absolutely no body part outside windows at any time, this includes hands.
- Upon arrival assist in unloading the assigned bus and ensure that all students unload their instruments.
- Stay with the students at all times, including in the bleachers.
- Distribute water as necessary
- Once game is over walk back to the bus with students.
- Take roll as students board the bus.
- Approximately 10 - 15 minutes before arriving MCHS, make an announcement asking the students to call their parents/ride to come and pick them up at school.
- Upon returning to MCHS, check the bus for trash, personal belongings, and instruments (trash bags and flashlight will be provided)
- Only release the buses when all 3 have returned to MCHS, have been double-checked for belongings, and all students have their instruments
Be sure to bring a cell phone -- and please enter your cell phone when you sign up.
If you have any questions, please contact Matt Luce at ([email protected]) or (310)850-2953.
Limited quantities of the volunteer t-shirts are still available for purchase for $20.00 each. Please contact Carolyn Mukai at [email protected] if you would like to purchase a t-shirt and state the size you are requesting.
Thank you very much for volunteering your time! The Band appreciates you!
|| Costa Band Guard Volunteer Lead