2021-22 Marching Band and Guard *NEW*
Field Shows (Tournaments) are the performances that our students are working really hard for! We have entered 4 Field Tournaments this season, one of which is the WBA So Cal Super Show at El Camino College which we are co-hosting!
We need 6 chaperones for each Field Show. Chaperones will ride the buses to field shows, follow the band as they practice, make sure they stay hydrated and safe, and stay with the band until after the award ceremony and bus ride home.
As a Field Show Chaperone, you will:
- Report to Bus loading area 15 minutes before scheduled call time.
- One chaperone will collect the chaperone backpacks from the North East Closet inside of the Band Room.
- Collect bus driver information and share with other chaperones.
- Take roll as students board the bus. Students can ride on any on the buses, the only restriction is that they must ride to and from in the same bus.
- Sent text to chaperone lead with a final headcount
- Ride the assigned bus with students and help ensure all students are safe and following school bus rules. Students must remain seated as the bus is moving; absolutely no body part outside windows at any time, this includes hands.
- Upon arrival assist in unloading the assigned bus and ensure that all students unload their instruments.
- Stay with the students at all times, including in the bleachers.
- Check on the various sections, as they practice and provide water as necessary.
- Once students perform, walk back to the bus with students and stay with them as they change.
- Walk back to seating area and stay with students until event is over. Monitor students as they leave area to get food or go to restroom.
- Once event is over, walk back to the bus with students.
- Take roll as students board the bus.
- Send text to chaperone lead with final head count.
- Approximately 10 minutes before arriving at MCHS, make an announcement asking the students to call their parents/ride to come and pick them up at school.
- Upon returning to MCHS, check the bus for trash, personal belongings, and instruments (trash bags and flashlight will be provided)
- Only release the buses when all 3 have returned to MCHS, have been double-checked for belongings, and all students have their instruments
Field Show times shown below are estimated and will be confirmed when we get closer to each event date. Please check back to the sign up page when we get close to each event date.
Be sure to bring a cell phone -- and please enter your cell phone when you sign up.
Please contact Matt Luce if you have any questions ([email protected]) or (310)850-2953.
Limited quantities of the volunteer t-shirts are still available for purchase for $20.00 each. Please contact Carolyn Mukai at [email protected] if you would like to purchase a t-shirt and state the size you are requesting.
Thank you very much for volunteering your time!!!
|| Costa Band Guard Volunteer Lead