Kent Gardens Recreation Club
In order to make the pool and your experience as safe as possible, KGRC is following all of the Governor of VA and Health Department guidelines as related to COVID-19. Prior to reserving and coming to the club for lap swim or diving, members should review our complete 2020 COVID-19 Protocols, posted on our website. We anticipate the following rules will change as the weeks go by and, as they do, the KGRC Board of Directors will notify members.
Please note that we have expanded availability at this time. KGRC is now open for lap swim or diving only. We are able to accomodate 3 people per lane, in 50-minute increments. The last 10 minutes of each hour are reserved for cleaning before the next time slot. For the purposes of making a reservation, please review the following:
- Please review the available slots below and click on the button to sign up.
- 3 and 3: Please reserve your spot no more than three days in advance and book no more than 3 total reservations per week, per household member. (For example: Sunday reservations will be available on Thursday.) You may add your name to an open slot for the next day after 9PM without counting against your 3/week limit. Reservations beyond these limits are subject to cancellation.
- Members are permitted one reservation for each eligible household member per day.
- Members of the same household may (and are encouraged to) share a lane, up to a 3 person maximum. Swimmers must maintain a 10 ft distance in the water, even members of the same household.
- Tuesdays and Thursdays, 12:00 to 12:50 pm are reserved for senior (65+) and immunocompromised members.
- Members with mobility challenges may want to select Lane 1 or 6 for ease of access to stairs.
- Swim is lap swim only. Members age 11 years and older may swim without a parent. Any child under 11 years of age must be accompanied by a swimming parent or guardian. Please note, all children must be able to swim independently (1 length of the pool unassisted).
- Non-swimming spectators are not allowed at this time.
- Changing rooms and showers will be closed to limit congregating as much as possible. Please arrive already prepared to swim with suit on under your clothes.
- Bathrooms available for emergency use only.
- Please follow all posted signage, including directional markers, when entering and exiting the pool.
- Please arrive no more than 5 minutes before your reserved time.
- Guest passes are not currently available
Swim time MUST BE RESERVED in advance. No walk-ins permitted.
Before you sign up, please read:
COVID-19 is extremely contagious, potentially fatal, and believed to spread primarily from person-to-person contact. Governments and health agencies recommend social distancing and other safety precautions. Kent Gardens Recreation Club has implemented preventative measures to reduce the risk of COVID-19 infection, but the Club cannot guarantee that visitors will not be infected with COVID-19 while at the pool. Please strictly comply with all safety regulations and posted policies to mitigate the risk of infection. Even those who comply with all safety precautions could be infected.
By completing this registration for swim time, I acknowledge that I understand the risks to myself and my family as discussed above and agree to abide by KGRC rules and policies which have been provided to the membership. The complete rules and policies are available on KGRC's website and in hard copy at the front desk.
Please contact our Board of Directors with questions or for more information.
|| KGRC Secretary