Congregation Agudath Israel
Please note: We will not be holding weekday in-person services at this time. We will hold Saturday morning Shabbat Services at 9 am inside the building (room will vary, 25 max.) and outside in the CAI Courtyard (30 max.). Masks and social distancing are required at all times.
Please review the CAI Guidelines for In-person Services and the Assumption of Risk Waiver. Choose an available slot below and click on the button to sign up.
CAI Guidelines for In-person Services
The following are based on the premise of keeping the community spread of COVID-19 under control. CAI will not adopt any practices less restrictive than the Phases of the State of New Jersey and Essex County and may be more restrictive, based on the conditions we believe to be in the best interest of the health of our community.
When attending outdoor services:
- Bring with you:
- your own Head Covering
- Prayer Book and Talit (if applicable)
- A face mask must be worn at all times.
- Please see the security guard for your temperature to be taken upon arrival.
- Please use hand sanitizer upon arrival.
- Chairs and restrooms are available.
- Spacing will be marked and attendees are required to remain six feet apart at all times, excluding immediate family members, caretakers, household members, or romantic partners.
- You acknowledge that you are not suspected of having or have been diagnosed with COVID-19 within the last 30 days.
- No one in your home is suspected to have or has been diagnosed with COVID-19 within the last 30 days.
- In the last 14 days, you have not come into contact with anyone suspected to have or diagnosed with COVID-19 or who has recently traveled abroad.
- You are not currently experiencing any of the following: cough, sore throat, fever, body aches, shortness of breath, loss of taste or smell, diarrhea.
ASSUMPTION OF THE RISK AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY RELATING TO CORONAVIRUS/COVID-19
The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is believed to spread mainly from person-to-person contact. As a result, federal, state, and local governments and federal and state health agencies recommend social distancing and have, in many locations, prohibited or limited the congregation of groups of people.
Congregation Agudath Israel (CAI) has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19; however, CAI cannot guarantee that you or your child(ren) will not become infected with COVID-19. Further, attending CAI or CAI-related activities could increase your risk and your child(ren)’s risk of contracting COVID-19.
- You acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that you and your child(ren) may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 by attending CAI or CAI-related activities and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and death. You understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 at CAI or CAI-related activities may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of yourself and others, including, but not limited to, CAI employees, volunteers, and CAI-related activity participants and their families.
- You voluntarily agree to assume all of the foregoing risks and accept sole responsibility for any injury to you or your child(ren) (including, but not limited to, personal injury, disability, and death), illness, damage, loss, claim, liability, or expense, of any kind, that you or your child(ren) may experience or incur in connection with your and your child(ren)’s attendance at CAI or participation in CAI-related activities (“Claims”). On your behalf, and on behalf of your children, you hereby release, covenant not to sue, discharge, and hold harmless CAI, its employees, agents, and representatives, of and from the Claims, including all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating thereto. You understand and agree that this release includes any Claims based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of CAI, its employees, agents, and representatives, whether a COVID-19 infection occurs before, during, or after participation in any CAI-related activity.