Second Harvest Foodbank
Join our staff and other volunteers to help sort, label, or portion items for Care Boxes or pack Care Boxes of food for distribution to our neighbors in need.
8.17.21 Public Health Madison & Dane County (PHMD) issued a Face Covering Emergency Order in response to the high transmission rate of COVID in Dane County.
In compliance with this order, starting this Thursday, August 19, all staff, volunteers and visitors will be required to wear a face covering/mask at all three of our facilities (2802 Dairy Drive, 2850 Dairy Drive and the Stoughton Facility), at all times with the following exceptions:
- While they are eating or drinking.
- Drivers do not need to wear a mask while alone in their vehicle.
- If you are in an office space or meeting room with a closed door. Once the door is opened, you exit the office, or someone enters, you must wear a mask/face covering.
- When communicating with an individual who is deaf or hard of hearing and communication cannot be achieved through other means.
- This requirement does not apply to outdoor settings and is in place until September 16, 2021.
VOLUNTEER AGE LIMIT REMINDER: We are delighted to welcome volunteers 12 years old and above to participate. Volunteers 12-15 years old must be accompanied by an adult. To ensure safety and fairness, this policy is not flexible.
Closed-toe shoes and a shirt with sleeves are required. (Short sleeves are great - just no tank tops, sleeveless, straps, etc.)
Volunteer projects are completed while standing and moving throughout the shift though a socially distanced break area is available for your use, as needed. Please call Cristina at 608.216.7214 before signing up if you need special accommodations to participate. We may occasionally have a project that allows for seated work.
Court-ordered community service volunteers must be pre-approved. Contact Second Harvest at 608.216.7214 for more information. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
- No walk-in volunteers. Thank you for helping us have well-planned shifts with proper distancing.
Also, please use the 'Quantity' option to sign up more than 1 volunteer or sign up each individual separately. If completed successfully, you'll see a number in ( ) next to your name on the sign up listing. Please do not sign up for one spot and list other volunteers in the comment field.
If posted/available shifts do not meet your scheduling needs, please email Volunteer Services at [email protected] We will work with you to secure spots in advance.
Thank you for supporting Second Harvest. Together, we can do this!
|| Second Harvest