Faith Lutheran Church
While we are delighted to resume our normal worship schedule we will continue to observe local social distancing and safety recommendations. Our plan is as follows:
- Occupancy: The number of worshippers in the sanctuary will still be limited to about 50% of total capacity which is 72-108 (depending on family groupings). Overflow seating will be available in the Fellowship Hall with a video feed. The ushers will be seating people in every other pew with social distancing guidelines maintained. Signing up guarantees you a seat in the building.
- Live Streaming: Both styles of worship will be live streamed (8:00 and 9:30) on our Facebook page and available afterward on our website.
- Signups: Signing up for worship via our website is strongly encouraged, but not mandatory. Signups will allow for recording attendance, communion participation and contract tracing in the event of a reported COVID case. Ushers will continue to check people in at the door, and will record the names of worshippers attending who did not previously sign up as they enter the building.
- Masks: Everyone is required to wear a mask (following local guidelines). This is out of concern for others who will be nearby in the service, because the COVID-19 virus can be transmitted through the air.
- Communion: Communion distribution in the regular worship setting will resume using appropriate distribution methods. In the 8:00 & 11:00 worship, communion is offered in the 1st, 3rd, 5th Sundays of the month and every week in 9:30 service. [The communion-only small attendance services will continue to be offered only on Sunday afternoons and require signing up through the church website or calling the office.]
- Fellowship Time: Between services, a fellowship time will be offered OUTSIDE on the grassy area with coffee and pre-packaged pastry items.
- Sunday School & Bible Classes: Children and Youth Sunday School resumes at 11:00 with masks and social distancing guidelines followed. Adult classes may decide for themselves when to resume (contact the class leader to learn more). Attendance is of course a personal decision and we will honor those who are not yet comfortable attending.