Thank you for your generosity to our staff during this difficult time. As COVID-19 hits our region, other illnesses and emergencies have not stopped. We continue to provide around-the-clock, world-class care – care that your giving makes possible. Thank you for assisting our families and our healthcare staff today! If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to our volunteer and guest services team at [email protected].
GUIDELINES | The health, safety and privacy of our patients is our top priority when we accept generous gift donations.
Currently at this time we will happily and graciously accept items that are:
• new with tags attached
• in original packaging
• non-toxic and latex-free
• season-specific (i.e. Spring, Summer)
Unfortunately, we cannot accept items if they:
• are gently used
• are gift-wrapped
• contain latex or toxins (check labels carefully)
• have been stored or displayed for any length of time
• are nerf guns, swords, light sabers, knives or bows and arrows
• are religious, or specific to religious holidays
To help us create a safe donation drop off for you and our staff we have created specific time slots to select from.
- Please review the time slots and select a time.
- A confirmation will be emailed to you after you have signed up that will provide specific instructions for your drop off including a call number and location.
- Complete the inkind donation form in your confirmation email to help our hospital record your donation.
Give wisely: Safe Donation Guidelines
To protect the health and safety of all those in our facilities — kids, parents and care providers — there are a few guidelines you should know about before dropping off your generous donations:
Distribution: Donations will be distributed by hospital staff and volunteers; donors may not give out their own items.
Safety: Help us keep our patients safe by only donating items that are non-toxic, non-violent and do not contain latex.
Condition: Donations must be brand new, in original packaging, with tags attached and odor-free.
Affiliation: Because Children’s Mercy is non-denominational, we ask all donors to respect the beliefs of our patients by not including religious gifts.
Toys: All stuffed animal donations must be new with tags attached and never have been stored or displayed for any length of time. We cannot accept Nerf guns, spray guns, water guns, pop ball guns, swords, bows and arrows or toy knives.
Clothing: Clothing donations must be new with tags still in place.
Reading Materials: Reading materials must be new and in good condition. We are unable to accept any textbooks, encyclopedias, dictionaries and used activity books.
Thank you for your help keeping our patients and families safe!
Children's Mercy Volunteer and Guest Services Team
|| Volunteer & Guest Services