Jewish Educational Alliance
Babysitting at the JEA
The JEA is proud to offer babysitting services to our members! Utilize this service during your time at the JEA, whether your workout, use of the pool, or other JEA program to ensure your experience is both child and worry free! Our CPR/First Aid/AED Certified staff members provide an environment that is safe, secure, age appropriate, and entertaining. A wide variety of toys and activities are incorporated for children to enjoy.
Babysitting Room Hours:
8:00 am - 12:00 pm
4:00 pm - 6:30pm
*Note that Friday closes at 6pm with the close of the JEA building
9:00 am – 12:00 pm
$5 per hour/per child
(You will be charged in half hour increments rounded up to the nearest 30 min. For example, 1 hour and 45 min of babysitting would round up to 2 hours of babysitting = $10)
*Any child picked up after the babysitting room closes will be charged a $10 late fee.
3 months - 8 years old
If you have any comments, concerns or questions, please contact JEA Health & Wellness at 912.355.8111, ext. 214 or email [email protected].
To enhance our care for you and your children, please acknowledge the following guidelines:
- Reservations are REQUIRED! (see guidelines below)
- This service is only available to JEA Members and their Guests (must attend with a member).
- In order to use this service, you must have a credit or debit card with you at the time you pick your child up from the babysitting room. Your card will be charged upon pick-up each time you utilize this service.
- For the safety of the children, the parent or guardian MUST stay on JEA property.
- Please sign in and out each time you pick up or drop off your child. If another parent/guardian is picking up the child than the parent/guardian who dropped them off, written permission is required.
- Please provide diapers, wipes, a change of clothes, a snack and a comforting toy. If sending a snack, it must be labeled with your child’s name. We also ask that you avoid the following list of food items for snack for the safety of our children:
- Nut based products (we are a NUT FREE program)
- For the safety of our staff and other participants, we will not accept children if they have had a known exposure to COVID, have tested positive or are showing symptoms such as (but not limited to) yellow or green discharge or a fever.
- All children over the age of 2 will be required to wear a mask in the babysitting room. All of our babysitting staff will have had the COVID vaccination. This does not guarantee that all the children using the service are vaccinated as well, thus, masks will be reinforced and any children experiencing symptoms will be sent home.
- Reservations are REQUIRED! To ensure proper staffing, registration is required by 5:00 pm the day before service is needed.
- There is a minimum charge of 1-hour use and a 2-hour consecutive maximum care limit.
- If you make a reservation for your child(ren) and you cannot make it, please notify us, on the day of your reservation, by 8:00 am Monday through Friday or 9:00 am on Sunday, so we can give the slot to someone else. To cancel, please contact the fitness desk at 912-355-8111 ext. 214, email [email protected], or cancel directly through Sign-up genius.
- If you have a reservation and you do not show up by 15 min after the start of your reservation, you will be charged a $10 No Show Fee. Please cancel your reservation in advance to avoid this charge.
|| Jessica Whitacre