St. Demetrios Chicago
UPDATED April 17, 2021: OUR SIGN UP HAS BEEN PAUSED TEMPORARILY UNTIL HOLY WEEK SERVICES AND AVAILABLE SEATING ARE BOTH CONFIRMED.
IT SHOULD BE AVAILABLE AGAIN EARLY NEXT WEEK.
CHURCH SERVICES ARE DOWNSTAIRS WHILE RENOVATION WORK CONTINUES IN OUR MAIN CHURCH. WE WILL POST WHEN WORK IS COMPLETE.
THE CITY OF CHICAGO IS RESTRICTING RELIGIOUS SERVICES TO 100 PEOPLE IN THE BUILDING IF SPLIT INTO TWO SEPARATE ROOMS.
FOLLOWING THESE GUIDELINES AND THOSE OF THE METROPOLIS, WE WILL SEAT AN ADDITIONAL 40 PEOPLE IN OUR WALNUT ROOM NEXT TO THE GRAND HALL. FATHER ANDREW WILL CONDUCT SERVICES FROM THE HALL AND IT WILL BE VIEWED ON A SCREEN IN THE WALNUT ROOM. COMMUNION AND DISMISSAL WILL TAKE PLACE FOR ALL IN THE GRAND HALL.
REGISTRATION FOR BOTH ROOMS IS HERE ON SIGN-UP GENIUS. IF BOTH ROOMS ARE FULL, THERE ARE NO MORE SEATS. WE LOOK FORWARD TO THE DAY WHEN OUR DOORS CAN BE FULLY OPEN, BUT FOR NOW, WE CAN NOT TAKE WALK-INS. WE HAVE WORKED VERY HARD TO REMAIN OPEN AND AS SAFE AS POSSIBLE. WE DO NOT WANT TO BE CLOSED DOWN. ESPECIALLY NOW DURING LENT. PLEASE BE PATIENT AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION.
WE ASK THAT YOU CONTINUE TO SIGN UP FOR NO MORE THAN TWO (2) SUNDAYS PER MONTH IN ORDER TO LET OTHERS ATTEND SUNDAY LITURGY ANND RECEIVE HOLY COMMUNION.
WE ARE REQUIRED TO KEEP AN ATTENDANCE LIST FOR EACH SERVICE. WHEN REGISTERING, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING:
- Under "QUANTITY" inidicate the number of people you are registering.
- We need you to provide both the first and last names of all those you are registering in the box indicated.
- All children over the age of two must be included in your registration.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY:
By signing up to attend a service, I acknowledge that:
- I am familiar with the 'Best Practices' document from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (Available online here.)
- I will bring my own face mask to wear at all times over my nose and mouth while inside the church building, and will keep a safe distance from those I do not live with.
- I will remain in my assigned seat for the duration of the Liturgy.
- I will be understanding of the requests and procedures issued by the Metropolis, the St. Demetrios COVID Reopening Commitee, and Parish Council.
- I have had no signs of illness for at least 14 days.
- I understand the risks of exposure to COVID-19 for individuals deemed “high risk.”
- If I or another member of my household has or has had COVID-19, the guidelines of the CDC will be followed before returning to church.
FOR ANY QUESTIONS CALL US AT 773.561.5992
|| St Demetrios Chicago