WPE Food Rescue Volunteers
Interested in volunteering at White Pony Express? - It's easy! Just follow the simple steps below to get started.
1. WATCH THE VIDEO
Click the link below to watch a short video about White Pony Express and how you can help as a volunteer.
Click here: Volunteering at White Pony Express
2. SIGN YOUR WAIVER
Click the link below to fill out your waiver. Be sure to read it, sign it and submit when complete.
Click here: Volunteer Waiver Release
3. SIGN UP FOR SHIFTS
Click the link below to sign up for your first Food Rescue or General Store shift (Be sure to click on the Submit and Sign Up link at the bottom of the page after you’ve selected your shifts).
Click here: Sign up for Food Rescue or General Store (Use Access Code: 3380)
Or send us an email if you’re interested in becoming a driver.
Email us about becoming a volunteer Driver
- Volunteers under age 18 must have their waiver signed by their parent or guardian.
- Volunteers under age 14 must be accompanied by an adult guardian.
- Children under age 12 are not allowed on the premises.
- All volunteers must have a signed waiver before volunteering. Don't forget to bring it with you your first day.
When you arrive, please park on the street (not in the lot) and be sure you're wearing a mask and closed-toe shoes. Check in with one of the volunteers on-site to let them know it's your first day so they can show you around and get you started.
Have Questions? – Just send an email to: [email protected]
We look forward to seeing you soon!
What kind of volunteers do we need?
Food Rescue - Love food and saving the environment? Join our food culling and sorting team! Volunteers can sign up for shifts in the morning and afternoon, 7 days a week. We rely on volunteers to be on-site at our distribution center in Pleasant Hill when the food arrives to ensure that what is delivered to our partner agencies is the food we would serve to our families.
General Store There are opportunities every week to prepare new and like-new items for distribution to our recipients. Does sorting, sizing, tagging, arranging, and packing make you happy? How about - mending, ironing, and laundry? Preparing outfits for our most vulnerable community members requires many important steps in order to ensure we give only our best.
Drivers - We need off-site and on-site drivers for two programs: Food Rescue and Food Rescue Direct. On-site drivers pick up large amounts of food from our donors, bring it back to HQ where it's sorted, then deliver it to our recipient partner organizations. Off-site "on-demand" drivers use an app to pick up smaller amounts of rescued food and then deliver it to a matched recipient. We need volunteer "food runners" 7 days a week any time between 7 am and 5 pm. Adopt a scheduled run on-site or join us as an "on-demand" driver.
Is there an age restriction? - WPE volunteers must be at least 12 years of age and accompanied by an adult (age 18+) guardian until they are age 14.
Do I need to sign a waiver? - All volunteers are required to compete waiver form before volunteering. Please fill out the form and bring it with you to your orientation! If you are under the age of 18, please have it signed by your parent or guardian.
What is your COVID-19 safety policy?
- White Pony Express strongly urges volunteers to be fully vaccinated.
- Masks are required at all times, regardless of vaccination status.
- If you feel unwell or are experiencing symptoms of any illness, do not come in for your scheduled shift!
Are there any other requirements? - It’s important that you arrive with close-toed shoes and a mask. Also, please be sure to park on the street and not in the lot as these spaces are reserved for the other businesses in the building.
How do I sign up for shifts on SignUpGenius?
- Go to: https://www.signupgenius.com/tabs/93d7ed804a0cce8cf9-whiteexpress
- An access code (3380) is required each time you go to the signup.
- Click on the tabs on the top of the sheet to select the right program (Food Rescue or General Store).
- Select the shifts you are available to attend and click Submit and Sign Up at bottom of page.
- Enter name and email of the individual who will be attending the shift.
- Press Sign Up Now at bottom of page, and you’re all done!
How do I create an account on SignUpGenius?
- Go to: https://www.signupgenius.com/register#/registration
- Click on the "New Account" link (below the Facebook button)
- Enter name and email you will be using for the WPE sign up.
- When you sign up through the WPE SignUpGenius your scheduled shifts will appear in your account. You will be able to edit or change your shifts.
PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP FOR ANY OF THE SHIFTS BELOW! – Currently we are only offering Online Orientation sessions (see instructions above).
|| Brooke Latner