League of Women Voters - Houston
The Hobby Area Municipal District is sponsoring a food distribution at Reveille Park and has asked for volunteers to register voters at this drive-through event on September 18 from 9:45 AM to 12:00.
This is a drive-through event. The LWV-H will provide a pop-up shade structure, table and chairs, water and PPE equipment. Assistance delivering to, and retrieving these items from the event is needed.
We are taking the following approaches to voter registration to minimize contact during the pandemic:
- Volunteers will be provided with clipboards that have a QR code attached. The QR code will direct new voters to a Google Document where they can request that a Voter Registration Application be sent to their address.
- Volunteers will also be provided with Voter Registration Forms from the Secretary of State’s office for distribution to new voters if they request the form rather than using the QR code. These are the same postage-paid forms that we use at the naturalization ceremonies and do not require the VDVR provide a receipt to the applicant.
- Do not bring forms that require you provide the applicant with a receipt.
- Limit your interactions with folks by encouraging them to scan (take a picture) of the sheet with the QR code. Encourage registered voters to capture the QR code as well and to share it with others and on social media. The other links on the sheet will also take them to websites with voter information.
- Volunteers must wear masks and gloves at all times.
- Maintain social distancing as much as possible.
8:45am - 12:00pm CDT
Reveille Park, 7727 Oak Vista St., Houston, 77087
|| League of Women Voters - Houston