League of Women Voters - Houston
Clemente Martinez Elementary School (901 Hays St., Houston, 77009) has invited the LWV to register voters during their drive up Electronic Distribution Days. Volunteers are asked to register voters using our minimal contact procedures. See below:
We are taking the following approaches to voter registration to minimize contact during the pandemic:
- Volunteers will be provided with clipboards that have a QR code attached. The QR code will direct new voters to a Google Document where they can request that a Voter Registration Application be sent to their address.
- Volunteers will also be provided with Voter Registration Forms from the Secretary of State’s office for distribution to new voters if they request the form rather than using the QR code. These are the same postage-paid forms that we use at the naturalization ceremonies and do not require the VDVR provide a receipt to the applicant.
- Do not bring forms that require you provide the applicant with a receipt.
- Limit your interactions with folks by encouraging them to scan (take a picture) of the sheet with the QR code. Encourage registered voters to capture the QR code as well and to share it with others and on social media. The other links on the sheet will also take them to websites with voter information.
- Volunteers must wear masks and gloves at all times.
- Maintain social distancing as much as possible.
901 Hays St, Houston 77009
|| League of Women Voters - Houston