A reservation is required in order to attend Mass for as long as social distancing is in effect for houses of worship in Massachusetts. Reservations for Mass will be open from 10 am on Monday through 3 pm on Friday prior to the weekend Mass you wish to attend. We ask that everyone read and follow the instructions outlined below for both registering for and attending Mass. If you have any difficulties or questions, please call the parish office between the hours of 10 am – 3 pm Monday-Friday. Those in vulnerable populations are highly encouraged to remain at home and watch Mass on CatholicTV or the streamed Mass offered on the parish’s YouTube. We look forward to worshipping with you!
MAKING YOUR RESERVATION FOR MASS ATTENDANCE
- Select the parish, date, and time when you will be attending Mass.
- From the drop down menu, select the number of people from your household that will be attending. Children under the age of 2 years do not require a reservation.
- In the comments, list each member of your household for whom you have reserved a seat.
PROTOCOLS TO BE FOLLOWED FOR ADMITTANCE INTO THE CHURCH
- If you are exhibiting any COVID-19 symptoms, please STAY HOME!
- Wash your hands at home for at least 20 seconds with HOT water before coming to Mass.
- Seating for each Mass will begin 15 minutes before the start of Mass.
- Masks are required (except for children 5 and under or those with medical exemptions) and should be put on before exiting your car.
- Do not bring in items such as handbags, books, etc. unless they are absolutely necessary. You are encouraged to bring hand-sanitizer.
- Please practice social distancing of 6 feet while waiting in line to enter the church.
- Ushers will be seating everyone; choosing which pew to sit in will not be allowed. Kindly follow their lead to your designated pew. Pews have been marked for social distancing, allowing all to remain 6 feet apart from others in your pew, as well as in front and behind you. Members of the same household are permitted to sit together and are not required to follow the 6-foot distancing rule.
PROTOCOLS TO BE FOLLOWED DURING CELEBRATION OF MASS
- The congregation should NOT sing--the velocity of air emitted while singing is equal to that of a cough or sneeze!
- Baskets will not be passed at the Offertory. Your offering may be placed in the basket as you enter or exit the church. We strongly encourage online giving.
- There will be no hand-holding during the Our Father or hand-shaking during the Sign of Peace.
- After the closing blessing, please remain in your pew. Ushers will direct the communion lines. In keeping with the social distancing protocol, even those individuals who will not be receiving communion are required to leave the pew and follow the prescribed pattern.
- Pews will be dismissed one at a time. Everyone must exit when dismissed and proceed directly to their cars. Please do not congregate outside the church.