Itasca County Family YMCA
Please review RULES and RECOMMENDATIONS for the Courts and then select the available slots below and click on the button to sign up.
Rules and Recommendations at the Outdoor Courts (pickleball, basketball and 4-square) During COVID-19
June 1, 2020
Based on Centers for Disease Control’s Resources for Parks and Recreational Activities
1. Please check in/register at the YMCA Membership Desk prior to court use.
2. On the Pickleball court - Four players on a pickleball court, no spectators in the pavilion area, no use of the tables for seating or gear, and no players waiting in the pavilion to play.
3. On the Basketball Court - Practice social distancing at least a six foot distance from other non-household players. All personal equipment (balls, gym bags, shoes, etc.) should be located at least six feet from others’ equipment. If multiple players are on the court from different households, caution should be taken to stay 6 feet apart, utilizing other hoops where necessary. As players enter/exit courts, all effort must be made to maintain at least a six-foot distance by taking turns entering/exiting each court. If it is not possible to maintain social distancing throughout an activity, then players should only participate in that activity with members of their household.
4. Sanitize hands before and after entering the court. Sanitizer must be provided by participants in the form of liquid sanitizer, wet wipes, disinfectant sprays, etc.
5. Avoid court contact except by members of the same household: no hugs, high fives, shaking hands, etc.
6. Players must provide their own balls and any other required equipment.
7. Players must provide their own water.
8. No more than four players on a pickleball court and No more than 10 players on the basketball courts at all times.
9. Practice social distancing and sanitizing if using basketball benches. If you are not able to practice safe social distancing or if you are not able to sanitize benches before and after use, please refrain from using.
10. Do not use the courts if you are sick or have had direct contact with someone who is sick, including:
- Any person known to have direct contact with a person with a positive
COVID-19 test in the last 14 days
- Any person exhibiting any symptoms including coughing, sneezing, sore
throat, fever, shortness of breath, loss of sense of smell or taste in the last 14 days
By reserving a time slot you are agreeing to the above Rules, Recommendations and Waiver below. Play at your own risk of injury and Covid-19 exposure.
Assumption of the Risk and Waiver of Liability Relating to Coronavirus/COVID-19
Itasca County Family YMCA /Outdoor Courts
The novel coronavirus, COVID-19 has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is believed to spread mainly from person-to-person contact. As a result, federal, state and local governments and federal and state health agencies recommend social distancing and have, in many locations, prohibited the congregation of groups of people.
The Itasca County Family YMCA (YMCA) and the Outdoor Court (ODC) Advisory Committee have put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19 at the Outdoor Courts (ODC) at the Y. However, the YMCA and the ODC Advisory Committee cannot guarantee that you will not become infected with COVID-19. Further, participating in ODC activities could increase your risk of contracting COVID-19.
By signing up through Signup Genius I acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that I may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 by participating in activities at the ODC and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability and death. I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 at the ODC may result from the actions, omissions or negligence of myself and others, including but not limited to; YMCA employees, representatives and volunteers.
I voluntarily agree to assume all of the foregoing risks and accept sole responsibility for any injury to myself but not limited to, personal injury, disability and death, damage, loss claim, liability or expense of any kind, which I may experience or incur in connection with my participation in activities at the ODC. This includes those who are a Vulnerable Individual. A Vulnerable Individual is defined as someone who is elderly (65 and over) and those with serious underlying health conditions including high blood pressure, chronic lung disease, diabetes, obesity, asthma and those whose immune system is compromised such as be chemotherapy for cancer and other conditions requiring such therapy.
On my behalf, I hereby release, covenant not to sue, discharge and hold harmless the YMCA, its employees and representatives and the ICPA Board and volunteers and from the Claims, including all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating thereto. I understand and agree that this release includes any Claims based on the actions, omissions or negligence of the YMCA, its employees and representatives and the ICPA Board and volunteers whether a COVID-19 infection occurs before, during or after participation in any related activities at the ODC.