OSU Campus Recycling
Last year the Res Hall Move Out Donation Drive diverted almost 36,000 pounds of material from landfills and donated to non-profits during move out. You can help us make it happen again this year!
Shifts are available for:
- Collection: Go out on trucks with our staff, visiting res. halls to collect recyclables and donated items (most shifts 2 hours in length)
- To maximize efficiency, we would greatly appreciate volunteers who can work 4-hour shifts (8-12 and 1-5) for Collection shifts.
- Sorting: Work at the fairgrounds, accepting and sorting incoming items (most shifts 3 hours in length)
- Collection shifts depart from the surplus warehouse (644 SW 13th St.)
- Sorting shifts are hosted at Guerber Hall at the Benton County Fairgrounds (110 SW 53rd St.)
- Given the nature of the work, volunteers need to be able to lift/carry/push at least 25 pounds.
- Master Recyclers: Based on guidelines for your payback hours, we encourage you to spend no more than 4 of your 30 initial hours on this activity.
About the Res. Hall Move-Out Donation Drive:
Each year, OSU Campus Recycling, Surplus Property, and University Housing and Dining, coordinate an effort to reduce waste during residence hall move-out by educating residents and giving them the tools to recycle and donate as much as possible. Every res. hall has bins in its lobby for recyclables and reusable items (clothing, bedding, food, etc.). Unwanted items are donated to Corvallis and OSU organizations in need. Therefore, this is not only a great way to divert perfectly good items from the landfill, but is also a way to help people in our community.
For more info, please visit http://tiny.cc/donation-drive or contact Andrea at [email protected] or (541) 737-5398. Thank you!
|| Andrea Norris