Ghent Church updated 11-11-19
Come experience the wonder of our Savior's birth in Stockley Gardens (at Raleigh Avenue) on Sunday, December 8th, from 4:30 pm - 6:30 p.m.
As always, this event is only possible with volunteers like you! We will need help with:
- Stable Construction on Saturday, December 7th at 9 am: 2 volunteers needed
- Stable set up/break down in Stockley Gardens: 2 volunteers needed
- Costume/Cast Coordinator: 1 volunteer needed
- Mary Actor: 1 volunteer needed
- Joseph Actor: 1 volunteer needed
- Angels: 1 adult + misc. kids who want to take turns
- Shepherds: 1 adult + misc. kids who want to take turns
- Stable de-Construction: date/time TBA: 2-3 volunteers
Please view the sign-ups for a complete listing of volunteer opportunities. There is something for everyone!
We will once again have live animals from Teeny Tiny Farms, including a miniature donkey, a miniature cow, a miniature goat, a miniature sheep, and a miniature llama! Animals will be available to meet at 4:30 pm, and will be onsite until 6:30 pm.
Our manger scene, featuring actors playing the parts of the Holy Family, the Wise Men, and plenty of shepherds and angels, will be in place by 5:00 pm.
At 5:30 pm, Pastor Melody will lead a brief candlelight service with traditional Christmas carols. Afterwards, Santa Claus will lead everyone inside to enjoy fellowship and a family-style supper together.
This FREE child- and family-friendly event is open to all. Please invite family, friends and neighbors to attend.
For more information, contact Jennifer Gross-Statler by clicking here.
4:30pm - 6:30pm EST
Stockley Gardens and Ghent UMC Fellowship Hall