Thank you for your willingness to participate in the 2021 Bethlehem Serves Sunday! Due to COVID restrictions, everyone will need to follow the following protocol for safety.
- All participants will wear masks while participating in the projects both inside and out.
- Those signing up for the CRC project should know that this project is indoors and will require being fully vaccinated and wearing a mask.
- If possible, please sign your family/ pod up as a unit to help decrease viral spread.
- Due to COVID restrictions, we will not be serving lunch this year. However, be sure to pick up your bag of gratitude prior to leaving the campus area.
- Please carpool to projects with family/pod members if possible.
- We are so glad we could provide a modified version of Bethlehem Serves this year and encourage all to attend! However, we hold the right to cancel or change groups if needed due to additional COVID restrictions. Any changes will be transmitted via an e-blast or personally as we get closer to the event.
BETHLEHEM SERVES IS OUR DAY TO SERVE OTHERS!!! ENJOY AND HAVE FUN!!
ON SITE PROJECTS
- Car Wash - Leader: Pastor Sam Wash cars/vans for the donations for St. Andrews Food Pantry. (Wear your swimming suit and wash cars with Pastor Sam!)
- School Bags for Lutheran World Relief (LWR) and Ocean Knoll School - Leader: Jana Hegg Put school supplies into bags that will be delivered to the Lutheran World Federation and Ocrean Knoll School.
- T.A.C.O. - Leader: Suzie Westmoreland Create travel size hygiene bags for Third Avenue Charitable Organization in San Diego.
- Prayer Shawl Ministry - Leader: Molly Hall Knit/crochet prayer shawls, hats to give to congregational members and others for comfort.
ON/OFF SITE PROJECTS
- First Responders Care Baskets - Leader: Mary Teague-Vilardi Create baskets of goodies for the local Fire Station, Sheriff’s substation and Moonlight Beach lifeguards. Create thank you cards for all. Leader: Mary Teague-Vilardi
- Plants for the Neighbors - Leader: Cynthia Heigold Put together flower pots and deliver to neighbors around Bethlehem. Create notes to go along with the plants.
- Ocean Knoll School Children's Farm - Leader: Karen Saake
Heavy-duty jobs: Dig a 2'x2' trench along the fenceline for students to plant a hedgerow in this fall (heavy-duty); turn the compost
Lighter duty: Pull weeds in raised beds and in the pathways; plant transplants in planter beds,
Special project: Build wire critter protectors for seedlings and transplants; install critter protectors over vulnerable seedlings and transplants with garden staples; empty garden sheds, sweep, reorganize.
- Ocean Knoll School Gardens - Leader: Karen Saake
School Garden: Organize storage area; pull weeds; move mulch
Herb & Kindergarten Garden: Trim back both gardens; weed both Gardens
- Community Resource Center - Leader: Dick DuBois Redoing baseboards, restocking food shelves. (Indoors: masks and vaccinations required)
- Beach/Park Clean-up - Swami’s - Leader: Beth Nelson Clean up at Swamis Park .
|| Bethlehem Lutheran