Washington Liberty HS
Directions: CHOOSE ONLY ONE! You have the choice between a start time of 5:45pm or 6:45pm. For contact tracing purposes, we need to split athletes up into groups of 15 and those groups must remain the same from Oct20-Oct29. Athletes will stay socially distant from one another both within group and from the other group present, so there is no difference if you're in Group A vs Group B as you'll be practicing at the same time.
Groups A, B & C will practice from 5:45-6:15pm on Tuesdays & Thursdays (Oct 20-29th)
Groups D & E will practice from 6:45-7:15pm on Tuesdays & Thursdays (Oct 20-29th)
Details about Conditioning
What: Cross Country and Track & Field conditioning practices will be ~30 minutes and include a mix of strengthening, stretching, light running and team building. We are hoping these practices may be able to expand to include more running and/or some equipment in the near future.
When: October 20th, 22nd, 27th, & 29th (more dates to come!) These dates are Tuesdays & Thursdays in the last two weeks of October. Choice of 5:45pm or 6:45pm.
Where: W&L field (enter on the Quincy St side)
Required gear: Each athlete will be required to bring their own MASK and at least 32 oz of WATER. No mask/no water = no practice. Athletes are also required to submit an Emergency Card prior to conditioning. Link to Emergency Card: https://wlathletics.org/library/files/washington-lee_695/files/Emerg%20Card%20NEW%202020%20(2).pdf
What to expect at Summer Conditioning?
- Screening Upon arrival: The coach/staff will ask and document the individual’s name, take their temperature (less than 100.5) and ask a series of questions (symptoms, drinking water, mask etc) – if any of these screenings are negative (even after the second temperature scan), the individual is sent home. If the individual is cleared, this person will head directly to the practice field.
- During practice athletes will be stationed 10 feet apart from each other and lead through stretches/strengthening exercises. As mentioned in the summer training plan, stretching and strengthening are very important to a runner’s success!
- Conditioning is 100% optional. Attendance will only be taken for contact tracing.
- Athletes wishing to attend conditioning must sign up ahead of time and will remain in the group they signed up for all of Summer Conditioning.
- Unfortunately, if an athlete arrives at a conditioning session and they are not signed up, we will have to send them home. Athletes who do not pass the screening (including having 32oz of water & a mask) will also be sent home.
|| Paulette Rigali